SOS! What can I do if Synopsys does not allow my statement?

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by walala, Sep 12, 2003.

  1. walala

    walala Guest

    Dear all,

    I am facing with a problem: Synopsys Design compiler does not allow my
    statement for synthesis:

    Please save me! Thank you,

    -Wlala

    Process(rst, clk, enable)
    if rst = '1' then
    count <= 0;
    --Line 85: elsif clk'event and clk = '1' and INPUTEND = '1' then
    end if;

    Synopsys Error Log:

    Error: Enabling expression not permitted outside wait statements on
    line 85 (VHDL-2251)
    Error: Enabling expression not permitted outside wait statements on
    line 85 (VHDL-2251)

    v2001.08 Synopsys Inc. 1988-2001. All rights reserved. n-1

    messages N. Messages Command Reference

    NAME
    VHDL-2251 (error) Enabling expression not permitted
    outside wait statements %s

    DESCRIPTION
    This error occurs with statements of the form:
    if(clk'event and clock = '1' and enable = '1') then ..
    Such expressions are only permitted in: wait until
    clk'event and clock = '1' and enable = '1' ... at
    present

    WHAT NEXT
    Modify the if statement with the enabling condition to
    conform to suggested style.

    n-2 Synopsys Inc. 1988-2001. All rights reserved. v2001.08
    walala, Sep 12, 2003

  2. walala

    steve Guest

    "walala" <> wrote in message
    > Dear all,
    >
    > I am facing with a problem: Synopsys Design compiler does not allow my
    > statement for synthesis:
    >

    > Please save me! Thank you,
    >
    > -Wlala
    >

    > Process(rst, clk, enable)
    > if rst = '1' then
    > count <= 0;
    > --Line 85: elsif clk'event and clk = '1' and INPUTEND = '1' then
    > end if;

    Process(rst, clk, enable)
    if rst = '1' then
    count <= 0;
    --Line 85: elsif clk'event and clk = '1' then
    if(INPUTEND = '1') then
    end if;
    end if;
    ? Steve