Sound Blaster and C

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Pete B, Oct 20, 2010.

  1. Pete B

    Pete B Guest

    Hi there!

    I've been coding in C/C++ for about 5 months now, and
    I seem to be doing all right. I'm working on a project right now
    which works with SVGA 640x480x256 graphics and mouse support, and
    I'd like to include sound. However, I have absolutly no clue about
    what to do.

    I have found a list of interrupts for Sound Blaster (which is
    what I want, even though I hear it's a real pain to code sound with
    SB in C) but it hasn't helped. I know where to send the notes to,
    but not where to get them from.

    If someone could give me, or tell me of a site (FTP, WWW)
    that carries include files, librairies, or even just some advive
    that a beginner could use, I'd be very grateful. I found a reference
    to documentation and sample code on a GOPHER site, but it seems to be
    down at the moment.

    I was hoping to be able to read the sounds from a .WAV file,
    but anything such as a .VOC, .MID, .MOD, .RAW, etc... would be fine too.

    Thanks for any help you could give me,
    PETE
    Pete B, Oct 20, 2010

  2. Pete B

    Sjouke Burry Guest

    Pete B wrote:
    > Hi there!
    >
    > I've been coding in C/C++ for about 5 months now, and
    > I seem to be doing all right. I'm working on a project right now
    > which works with SVGA 640x480x256 graphics and mouse support, and
    > I'd like to include sound. However, I have absolutly no clue about
    > what to do.
    >
    > I have found a list of interrupts for Sound Blaster (which is
    > what I want, even though I hear it's a real pain to code sound with
    > SB in C) but it hasn't helped. I know where to send the notes to,
    > but not where to get them from.
    >
    > If someone could give me, or tell me of a site (FTP, WWW)
    > that carries include files, librairies, or even just some advive
    > that a beginner could use, I'd be very grateful. I found a reference
    > to documentation and sample code on a GOPHER site, but it seems to be
    > down at the moment.
    >
    > I was hoping to be able to read the sounds from a .WAV file,
    > but anything such as a .VOC, .MID, .MOD, .RAW, etc... would be fine too.
    >
    > Thanks for any help you could give me,
    > PETE

    A simple Wav interface for sounbaster compatables
    can be found at:
    Sjouke Burry, Oct 20, 2010

  3. Pete B

    Tim Harig Guest

    http://www.xiph.org/ao/
    Tim Harig, Oct 21, 2010
  4. In article <i9nqtv$p4j$>, Pete B <>
    wrote:

    > Hi there!
    >
    > I've been coding in C/C++ for about 5 months now, and
    > I seem to be doing all right. I'm working on a project right now
    > which works with SVGA 640x480x256 graphics and mouse support, and
    > I'd like to include sound. However, I have absolutly no clue about
    > what to do.
    >
    > I have found a list of interrupts for Sound Blaster (which is
    > what I want, even though I hear it's a real pain to code sound with
    > SB in C) but it hasn't helped. I know where to send the notes to,
    > but not where to get them from.
    >
    > If someone could give me, or tell me of a site (FTP, WWW)
    > that carries include files, librairies, or even just some advive
    > that a beginner could use, I'd be very grateful. I found a reference
    > to documentation and sample code on a GOPHER site, but it seems to be
    > down at the moment.
    >
    > I was hoping to be able to read the sounds from a .WAV file,
    > but anything such as a .VOC, .MID, .MOD, .RAW, etc... would be fine too.
    >
    > Thanks for any help you could give me,
    > PETE

    Why don't you go and check the answers that Mart got when he asked this
    question verbatim back in 1995. Then go away.
    Mark Storkamp, Oct 21, 2010