    information. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am using
    Mozilla 1.4.1 bit it basically works the same as Netscape.

    Sharon

    Sharon, Jan 6, 2004

  2. Sharon

    Spartanicus Guest

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, Jan 6, 2004

  3. Sharon

    DU Guest

    Sharon wrote:
    > I remember hearing that sound files do not work the same in Netscape as
    > they do in IE. When I had a small home page a couple of years ago it
    > seems to me that I had to insert a separate html code to make sound work
    > in Netscape but now I can't remember what it was nor can I find the
    > information. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am using
    > Mozilla 1.4.1 bit it basically works the same as Netscape.
    >
    > Sharon

    It is recommended to use the HTML 4.01 Object element and to code
    sub-elements params; don't use <embed>. You can examine the code in this
    page and ask questions in this thread.

    Testing sound (audio/midi content-type) in Netscape 7
    http://www10.brinkster.com/doctorunclear/Netscape7/SoundInNetscape7.html

    DU

    DU, Jan 6, 2004
  4. Sharon

    Sharon Guest

    Spartanicus wrote:

    > Sharon wrote:
    >

    >>I remember hearing that sound files do not work the same in Netscape as
    >>they do in IE. When I had a small home page a couple of years ago it
    >>seems to me that I had to insert a separate html code to make sound work
    >>in Netscape but now I can't remember what it was nor can I find the
    >>information. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am using
    >>Mozilla 1.4.1 bit it basically works the same as Netscape.

    Thanks! I'll give it a try and see what happens

    Sharon

    Sharon, Jan 7, 2004
  5. Sharon

    Sharon Guest

    DU wrote:

    > Sharon wrote:
    >
    >> I remember hearing that sound files do not work the same in Netscape
    >> as they do in IE. When I had a small home page a couple of years ago
    >> it seems to me that I had to insert a separate html code to make sound
    >> work in Netscape but now I can't remember what it was nor can I find
    >> the information. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am
    >> using Mozilla 1.4.1 bit it basically works the same as Netscape.
    >>
    >> Sharon
    >>

    > It is recommended to use the HTML 4.01 Object element and to code
    > sub-elements params; don't use <embed>. You can examine the code in this
    > page and ask questions in this thread.
    >
    > Testing sound (audio/midi content-type) in Netscape 7
    > http://www10.brinkster.com/doctorunclear/Netscape7/SoundInNetscape7.html
    >
    > DU

    Thanks for the reply and the url for the testing site. I'm not sure
    exactly how it works though. I'm pretty new to HTML.

    Sharon

    Sharon, Jan 7, 2004
  6. Sharon

    DU Guest

    Sharon wrote:

    > DU wrote:
    >
    >> Sharon wrote:
    >>
    >>> I remember hearing that sound files do not work the same in Netscape
    >>> as they do in IE. When I had a small home page a couple of years ago
    >>> it seems to me that I had to insert a separate html code to make
    >>> sound work in Netscape but now I can't remember what it was nor can I
    >>> find the information. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I
    >>> am using Mozilla 1.4.1 bit it basically works the same as Netscape.
    >>>
    >>> Sharon
    >>>

    >> It is recommended to use the HTML 4.01 Object element and to code
    >> sub-elements params; don't use <embed>. You can examine the code in
    >> this page and ask questions in this thread.
    >>
    >> Testing sound (audio/midi content-type) in Netscape 7
    >> http://www10.brinkster.com/doctorunclear/Netscape7/SoundInNetscape7.html
    >>
    >> DU

    > Thanks for the reply and the url for the testing site. I'm not sure
    > exactly how it works though. I'm pretty new to HTML.
    >
    > Sharon

    First give the url of your page and we will give you feedback,
    suggestions, recommendations, test your page, etc.. The testpage I did
    was for audio/midi support.

    DU

    DU, Jan 7, 2004
  7. Sharon

    Spartanicus Guest

    Spartanicus, Jan 7, 2004
  8. Sharon

    Sharon Guest

    Spartanicus wrote:
    > DU wrote:
    >

    >>Testing sound (audio/midi content-type) in Netscape 7
    >>http://www10.brinkster.com/doctorunclear/Netscape7/SoundInNetscape7.html

    > You attempt to quote a web resource on that page, not only did you
    > mangle the code, it's also completely missing the point of the original
    > page: http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm

    According to this link it is better not to imbed, which makes sense. Is
    there an HTML code that will give the viewer the option to click to
    play a wav or midi if he wants to? Does this involve more than a hyperlink?

    Sharon

    Sharon, Jan 7, 2004
  9. Sharon

    Spartanicus Guest

    Sharon wrote:

    >According to this link it is better not to imbed, which makes sense. Is
    >there an HTML code that will give the viewer the option to click to
    >play a wav or midi if he wants to? Does this involve more than a hyperlink?

    A link is all that is needed (use an image if you prefer), make sure the
    web server issues the correct mime type for the midi file (audio/midi).

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, Jan 7, 2004