Sound Files in Netscape

Sharon

I remember hearing that sound files do not work the same in Netscape as
they do in IE. When I had a small home page a couple of years ago it
seems to me that I had to insert a separate html code to make sound work
in Netscape but now I can't remember what it was nor can I find the
information. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am using
Mozilla 1.4.1 bit it basically works the same as Netscape.

Sharon

Spartanicus

Sharon said:
I remember hearing that sound files do not work the same in Netscape as
they do in IE. When I had a small home page a couple of years ago it
seems to me that I had to insert a separate html code to make sound work
in Netscape but now I can't remember what it was nor can I find the
information. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am using
Mozilla 1.4.1 bit it basically works the same as Netscape.

DU

Sharon said:
I remember hearing that sound files do not work the same in Netscape as
they do in IE. When I had a small home page a couple of years ago it
seems to me that I had to insert a separate html code to make sound work
in Netscape but now I can't remember what it was nor can I find the
information. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am using
Mozilla 1.4.1 bit it basically works the same as Netscape.

Sharon

It is recommended to use the HTML 4.01 Object element and to code
sub-elements params; don't use <embed>. You can examine the code in this
page and ask questions in this thread.

Testing sound (audio/midi content-type) in Netscape 7
http://www10.brinkster.com/doctorunclear/Netscape7/SoundInNetscape7.html

DU

DU

Sharon said:
Thanks for the reply and the url for the testing site. I'm not sure
exactly how it works though. I'm pretty new to HTML.

Sharon

First give the url of your page and we will give you feedback,
suggestions, recommendations, test your page, etc.. The testpage I did
was for audio/midi support.

DU

Sharon

Spartanicus said:
DU wrote:

You attempt to quote a web resource on that page, not only did you
mangle the code, it's also completely missing the point of the original
page: http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm
According to this link it is better not to imbed, which makes sense. Is
there an HTML code that will give the viewer the option to click to
play a wav or midi if he wants to? Does this involve more than a hyperlink?

Sharon

Spartanicus

Sharon said:
According to this link it is better not to imbed, which makes sense. Is
there an HTML code that will give the viewer the option to click to
play a wav or midi if he wants to? Does this involve more than a hyperlink?

A link is all that is needed (use an image if you prefer), make sure the
web server issues the correct mime type for the midi file (audio/midi).