Sound/Midi question

Ben

Hi,

I need to extract the outgoing pcm audio data while playing midi.

With the getData() method of a SoundbankResource object,
I can only catch sampled audio data stored in a soundbank.

Is there any way I could catch (well, in real time more or less)
the actual sampled data produced by the synth (channels mixed
or unmixed) ?

Any indications or links welcome. Tx !

Ben

Taki

Ben said:
Hi,

I need to extract the outgoing pcm audio data while playing midi.

With the getData() method of a SoundbankResource object,
I can only catch sampled audio data stored in a soundbank.

Is there any way I could catch (well, in real time more or less)
the actual sampled data produced by the synth (channels mixed
or unmixed) ?

Sorry, I can't help you, but I know a magazine that might be able to help u.
Check out Java Developer's Journal Volume:8 Issue:11
There are whole bunch of things about playing back midi, recording etc in
the magazine.

Good luck!

Taki

Ben

"Taki" :
Sorry, I can't help you, but I know a magazine that might be able to help u.
Check out Java Developer's Journal Volume:8 Issue:11
There are whole bunch of things about playing back midi, recording etc in
the magazine.

I'll check this out asap ! Thanks for the tip - well, the Graal, I hope ;-)

Ben

Alex Hunsley

Ben said:
Hi,

I need to extract the outgoing pcm audio data while playing midi.

With the getData() method of a SoundbankResource object,
I can only catch sampled audio data stored in a soundbank.

Is there any way I could catch (well, in real time more or less)
the actual sampled data produced by the synth (channels mixed
or unmixed) ?

Any indications or links welcome. Tx !

Ben

If you're willing to use something outside of java, there's a tool
called Total Recorder (google for it) that lets you record exactly what
you're hearing from your pc.

alex