soundcard input

Nick

Are there any good libraries that allow me to get input from a
soundcard's line in (in bytes)? I tried some of the ones from
programmersheaven.com, but NONE of the example programs would compile.

Dan W.

Are there any good libraries that allow me to get input from a
soundcard's line in (in bytes)? I tried some of the ones from
programmersheaven.com, but NONE of the example programs would compile.

AFAIK, your only choices would be Direct Sound for MSWin, or OpenAL
for a more portable solution. Otherwise you're probably stuck with
soundard vendor-specific code. I don't think you could get sound
encoded in single bytes, though; it would sound pretty raunchy... ;-)