soundex function

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by arthur benedetti white, Jul 17, 2003.

  1. has anybody already developed a server side soundex
    function?
    arthur benedetti white, Jul 17, 2003

  2. Wim Hollebrandse, Jul 17, 2003

  3. I want to be able to include a soundex function in my
    asp.net pages do compare values users enter in a phonebook
    against the actual data in Active Directory (AD).

    we used to use sql server, but the source data has now
    moved from sql server to AD where there is not a native
    soundex function.

    -Arthur.

    Arthur Benedetti White, Jul 17, 2003
  4. Populate the data from Active Directory (with a certain applied filter) and
    then perform your own custom SoundEx (see link I sent in previous reply) on
    that.

    HTH,
    Wim Hollebrandse
    http://www.wimdows.com