    "Over the past 20 years, High Caliber evolved from a software publisher into a
    soup-to-nuts PC service provider."

    nuts is what they sure are.

    Developwebsites, Dec 7, 2004

  2. "Developwebsites" <> skrev i melding
    news:...
    > http://www.highcaliber.com/
    >
    > look at the source code.
    > no so high caliber are they?
    >
    > "Over the past 20 years, High Caliber evolved from a software publisher

    into a
    > soup-to-nuts PC service provider."
    >
    > nuts is what they sure are.

    Indeedy. Just by looking at the first page of code (first 40 lines or so), I
    can tell that it won't get as much as a millimeter past W3C's validator. And
    that's a lot of unnecessary JavaScript segments, such as the "Surf to
    listbox" navigation (which won't work at all unless you're using a
    JavaScript-enabled browser) and the date display up in the top left corner
    (below the "home", "about" and "services" images). I can see the "need" for
    the onmouseover-image-switcher thingy, although they could easily have done
    without it.

    Regarding the date display; if my own system date is wrong, then their page
    will show the wrong date as well. This is where you either skip displaying
    the date altogether or use server-side scripting.

    Like someone said in a previous thread you started, it's apparently not
    about the website, but the sales pitch. Personally, I would've considered
    other companies after seeing a website such as this one.

    --
    Kim André Akerø
    -

    Kim André Akerø, Dec 8, 2004

  3. In article <>,
    ATSPAM says...
    > http://www.highcaliber.com/
    >
    > look at the source code.
    > no so high caliber are they?
    >
    > "Over the past 20 years, High Caliber evolved from a software publisher into a
    > soup-to-nuts PC service provider."
    >
    > nuts is what they sure are.

    Let's see some of your sites, then.

    --
    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.

    Hywel Jenkins, Dec 8, 2004
  4. Developwebsites

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Hywel Jenkins scribbled in the mud:

    > In article <>,
    > ATSPAM says...
    >> http://www.highcaliber.com/
    >>
    >> look at the source code.
    >> no so high caliber are they?
    >>
    >> "Over the past 20 years, High Caliber evolved from a software publisher
    >> into a soup-to-nuts PC service provider."
    >>
    >> nuts is what they sure are.

    > Let's see some of your sites, then.

    More fun to see his nuts.

    --
    Turtles have such tiny ears!

    Duende, Dec 8, 2004
  5. Developwebsites

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, Developwebsites <>
    said:

    > "Over the past 20 years, High Caliber evolved from a software publisher into a
    > soup-to-nuts PC service provider."

    What on earth is "soup-to-nuts" supposed to mean anyway? Who turns soup
    into nuts? Or do they feed soup to crazy people?

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Dec 8, 2004
  6. Mark Parnell wrote:

    > Previously in alt.html, Developwebsites
    > <> said:
    >
    >> "Over the past 20 years, High Caliber evolved from a software
    >> publisher into a soup-to-nuts PC service provider."

    > What on earth is "soup-to-nuts" supposed to mean anyway? Who turns
    > soup into nuts?

    American expression meaning "from A to Z." Not suitable for the WORLD
    Wide Web, though.

    > Or do they feed soup to crazy people?

    Much of the time. They can't hurt themselves. <g>

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 9, 2004
  7. RE/
    >What on earth is "soup-to-nuts" supposed to mean anyway? Who turns soup
    >into nuts? Or do they feed soup to crazy people?

    I think it's a reference to something that spans a wide range...as in a
    long/large dinner/banquet that includes soup, various courses, and even nuts as
    a dessert/snack...
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (Pete Cresswell), Dec 9, 2004
  8. On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 00:05:21 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:

    >Mark Parnell wrote:
    >
    >> Previously in alt.html, Developwebsites
    >> <> said:
    >>
    >>> "Over the past 20 years, High Caliber evolved from a software
    >>> publisher into a soup-to-nuts PC service provider."

    >> What on earth is "soup-to-nuts" supposed to mean anyway? Who turns
    >> soup into nuts?

    >American expression meaning "from A to Z." Not suitable for the WORLD
    >Wide Web, though.

    And in fact pretty dated even as an Americanism. I don't think I've
    heard it used in an ad since the 1970's.

    Nick

    --
    Nick Theodorakis

    contact form:
    http://theodorakis.net/contact.html

    Nick Theodorakis, Dec 9, 2004
  9. Developwebsites

    Neal Guest

    Mark Parnell:

    > What on earth is "soup-to-nuts" supposed to mean anyway?

    Fancy dinners start with a course of soup, and end with nuts being served.

    I've been to these dinners, it's not a totally used-up expression just yet.

    Neal, Dec 9, 2004
  10. Developwebsites

    rf Guest

    Neal wrote

    > Fancy dinners start with a course of soup, and end with nuts being served.

    Over here they start with a few cans of cold beer and end up with a bottle
    of port or two. If it's real fancy then maybe a cointreau over crushed ice
    and a tim tam.

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Dec 9, 2004
  11. Developwebsites

    Neal Guest

    On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 05:08:56 GMT, rf <rf@.invalid> wrote:

    > Neal wrote
    >>
    >> Fancy dinners start with a course of soup, and end with nuts being
    >> served.

    > Over here they start with a few cans of cold beer and end up with a
    > bottle
    > of port or two. If it's real fancy then maybe a cointreau over crushed
    > ice
    > and a tim tam.

    Well, most parties I go to start with martinis and end with clouded 10AM
    searches for where the car keys may have been hidden. But there are all
    types of parties.

    Neal, Dec 9, 2004