    linux
    tool?Also is there any graphical utility for C programmers for that?
    , Oct 5, 2005

  2. Chuck Dillon Guest

    wrote:
    > hello,
    > Is there any source code analysis tool avail for C programmers under
    > Linux?
    > That tool should go through all source code files and print functional
    > dependencies. tool can run in any environment but its better to be a
    > linux
    > tool?Also is there any graphical utility for C programmers for that?

    One is http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/index.html which has links
    to others.

    -- ced

    --
    Chuck Dillon
    Senior Software Engineer
    Chuck Dillon, Oct 5, 2005

  3. Flash Gordon Guest

    wrote:
    > hello,
    > Is there any source code analysis tool avail for C programmers under
    > Linux?
    > That tool should go through all source code files and print functional
    > dependencies. tool can run in any environment but its better to be a
    > linux
    > tool?Also is there any graphical utility for C programmers for that?

    Probably. Ask in a Linux group and they might be able to answer. Here we
    discuss the C language, not the millions of tools around that have
    something to do with C.
    --
    Flash Gordon
    Living in interesting times.
    Flash Gordon, Oct 5, 2005
  4. On 5 Oct 2005 10:39:45 -0700, wrote:

    > Is there any source code analysis tool avail for C programmers under
    >Linux?

    (a) Understand for C / C++:
    http://www.scitools.com/ucpp.html

    (b) RedHat's Source Navigator (Doesn't do all you ask but is free.)

    (c) Probably/partially the Eclipse/CDT project:
    http://www.eclipse.org

    Roberto Waltman

    [ Please reply to the group, ]
    [ return address is invalid. ]
    Roberto Waltman, Oct 5, 2005

    wrote:
    > hello,
    > Is there any source code analysis tool avail for C programmers under
    > Linux?
    > That tool should go through all source code files and print functional
    > dependencies. tool can run in any environment but its better to be a
    > linux
    > tool?Also is there any graphical utility for C programmers for that?

    This is off topic. But here are the tools I use for what you want.

    1) Search for the ncc compiler. You compile all your code just like
    gcc, it would give you analysis information. Supports function
    pointers, too.

    2) Graphviz and Codeviz developed by Mel Gorman. You can use both
    CodeViz and ncc to generate output that can be displayed by Graphviz as
    a gif, pdf, ps etc.

    Bahadir
    , Oct 6, 2005
  6. spat Guest

    I think "cscope" is the best the best tool i have used. Although i
    doest give u graphical interface but going through is as good as lot
    more graphical tools and its free
    spat, Oct 7, 2005
  7. "spat" <> writes:
    > I think "cscope" is the best the best tool i have used. Although i
    > doest give u graphical interface but going through is as good as lot
    > more graphical tools and its free

    You really should browse the newsgroup before posting. If you had,
    you almost certainly would have seen this:

    Don't assume your readers can easily see the article to which you're
    replying. You need to provide some context.

    Please complain to Google about their broken interface.

    Keith Thompson, Oct 7, 2005