    and/or some hints about how to go about the project would be helpful
    too..

    thanks
    Blah, Sep 22, 2004

  2. Blah

    JKop Guest

    Blah posted:

    > Hello, this seemed to be the most relevant newsgroup so

    I'll put my
    > request here. What would be a simple source code (email

    if too large)
    > for a simple program that will run continously in

    background and
    > terminate a specified process (for example) blah.exe as

    soon as its
    > started in Windows NT? Or would this be difficult to

    program? Sort of
    > like opening the task manager and closing a program but

    automatic.

    > If the code itself is too much of a hassle a general

    description
    > and/or some hints about how to go about the project would

    be helpful
    > too..
    >

    > thanks

    Firstly, sign up to your nearest virus club.

    Then look-up GetModuleHandle in MSDN and go from there.
    ExitProcess too, look that one up.

    -JKop
    JKop, Sep 22, 2004

  3. Blah

    Phlip Guest

    Blah wrote:

    > Hello, this seemed to be the most relevant newsgroup

    It ain't. Please use http://groups.google.com to find the best newsgroup for
    a question. You run the risk of finding the answer before you must post,
    too.

    > so I'll put my
    > request here. What would be a simple source code (email if too large)
    > for a simple program that will run continously in background and
    > terminate a specified process (for example) blah.exe as soon as its
    > started in Windows NT? Or would this be difficult to program? Sort of
    > like opening the task manager and closing a program but automatic.

    Google for my street name and "killall":

    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=5Srdb.2725$

    --
    Phlip
    Phlip, Sep 23, 2004
  4. Blah

    Blah Guest

    JKop <> wrote in message news:<PRm4d.31802$>...
    > Blah posted:
    >
    > > Hello, this seemed to be the most relevant newsgroup so

    > I'll put my
    > > request here. What would be a simple source code (email

    > if too large)
    > > for a simple program that will run continously in

    > background and
    > > terminate a specified process (for example) blah.exe as

    > soon as its
    > > started in Windows NT? Or would this be difficult to

    > program? Sort of
    > > like opening the task manager and closing a program but

    > automatic.
    > >

    > > If the code itself is too much of a hassle a general

    > description
    > > and/or some hints about how to go about the project would

    > be helpful
    > > too..
    > >

    > > thanks

    > Firstly, sign up to your nearest virus club.
    >
    > Then look-up GetModuleHandle in MSDN and go from there.
    > ExitProcess too, look that one up.
    >

    > -JKop

    Thanks, but if I really wanted to do that wouldn't I have saved a load
    of time by also asking if I could get it to propagate over email,
    overwrite a boot sector, and be able execute automatically without
    being put in the startup folder?

    I appreciate your contribution though...
    Blah, Sep 23, 2004