Source Control and sharing/branching

Matze

I have setup Visual Studio to work with a VSS-Server. (Source Off
Site)
I dont see a way to share and later branch my project.
File -> Source Control -> Share is grayed out.
What is the best way then to share/branch?

SOS-Client is 3.5.3 / Server is 3.5.2

I had some bad experiences doing VSS-actions with a client different
than VS.NET for VS .NET projects. So i realy would like to use VS .NET
for sharing/branching

Any Ideas / experience?

George Durzi

How did you add your solution to source control?
I use VSS, and what I did was to first create my solution and files locally,
then go to File -> Source Control -> Add Solution to Source Control.

Not sure how this would work with a source control software other than VSS.
But afterwards, other developers can go to File -> Source Control -> Open
Solution from Source Control.

Matze

Not sure how this would work with a source control software other than VSS.
But afterwards, other developers can go to File -> Source Control -> Open
Solution from Source Control.
Hi,
yes u r right. This is the way i use vss too. I actually dont see the
button "Share" if i dont use Source Off Site. Sharing doesnt mean u
share files between different developers, but to share files between
different projects.
Sharing/branching allows u to handle different releases of complöete
projects ...but not in VS .NET :-(