    moment, I am just using Crystal Flow for C, but there is not process
    of automation to cleanup the source.

    , Mar 14, 2008

  2. Richard Guest

    writes:

    > Hello,
    > does somebody know a source code cleanup tool. It should be able to
    > find unused functions in the source code an delete them. At the
    > moment, I am just using Crystal Flow for C, but there is not process
    > of automation to cleanup the source.

    Did you try running a profiler? This can help.

    Richard, Mar 14, 2008

  3. Flash Gordon Guest

    Richard wrote, On 14/03/08 14:37:
    > writes:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >> does somebody know a source code cleanup tool. It should be able to
    >> find unused functions in the source code an delete them. At the
    >> moment, I am just using Crystal Flow for C, but there is not process
    >> of automation to cleanup the source.

    > Did you try running a profiler? This can help.

    It will show you code that is definitely executed, but it won't show you
    that the function frig_pay_for_leap_year() is actually called even if
    only once every 4 years unless you are very careful. It also does not
    achieve the OPs aim of automating the cleanup.

    Personally I would suggest that if there is a tool to automate the
    cleanup you would have to check carefully what it has done and it still
    won't do the entire job. How will it know that no one used the -foo
    command line switch so the code for it is never called?
    --
    Flash Gordon

    Flash Gordon, Mar 14, 2008