Sourcecode cleaup tool

AndrsA1b273

Hello,
does somebody know a source code cleanup tool. It should be able to
find unused functions in the source code an delete them. At the
moment, I am just using Crystal Flow for C, but there is not process
of automation to cleanup the source.

Richard

Hello,
does somebody know a source code cleanup tool. It should be able to
find unused functions in the source code an delete them. At the
moment, I am just using Crystal Flow for C, but there is not process
of automation to cleanup the source.

Did you try running a profiler? This can help.

Flash Gordon

Richard wrote, On 14/03/08 14:37:
Did you try running a profiler? This can help.

It will show you code that is definitely executed, but it won't show you
that the function frig_pay_for_leap_year() is actually called even if
only once every 4 years unless you are very careful. It also does not
achieve the OPs aim of automating the cleanup.

Personally I would suggest that if there is a tool to automate the
cleanup you would have to check carefully what it has done and it still
won't do the entire job. How will it know that no one used the -foo
command line switch so the code for it is never called?