    Since there is no official API (afaict) creating such an interface
    requires the use web-scripting/scraping. Has any one implemented any
    portions of such an API ?
    Intransition, Nov 18, 2009

  2. Thomas Sawyer wrote:
    > Is there any interest in a SourceForge.org API / CLI ?
    >
    > Since there is no official API (afaict)

    There may be. TeamForge (a renaming of SourceForge Enterprise Edition)
    has an API; see
    http://help.collab.net/topic/teamforge520/action/teamforge_api.html .
    It is not clear to me whether sourceforge.net is running this version of
    the software, though.

    > creating such an interface
    > requires the use web-scripting/scraping. Has any one implemented any
    > portions of such an API ?

    Do SF's terms even permit scraping?

    Best,
    --
    Marnen Laibow-Koser
    http://www.marnen.org

    Marnen Laibow-Koser, Nov 18, 2009

  3. Intransition

    Intransition Guest

    On Nov 18, 2:15=A0pm, Marnen Laibow-Koser <> wrote:
    > Thomas Sawyer wrote:
    > > Is there any interest in a SourceForge.org API / CLI ?

    > > Since there is no official API (afaict)

    > There may be. =A0TeamForge (a renaming of SourceForge Enterprise Edition)
    > has an API; seehttp://help.collab.net/topic/teamforge520/action/teamforge=

    _api.html.
    > It is not clear to me whether sourceforge.net is running this version of
    > the software, though.

    Me either. I don't get the feeling it is.

    > > creating such an interface
    > > requires the use web-scripting/scraping. Has any one implemented any
    > > portions of such an API ?

    > Do SF's terms even permit scraping?

    Good question. However the scraping part would be quite minimal.
    Mostly its just sending http requests.

    BTW, I rediscovered MetaProject (was Xforge). It implements some of
    this, though development stalled in '06 -- I think maybe the project
    got a little too ambitious for it's own good. I'm thinking of
    extracting the Xforge/SourceFoge portions of the code a making a new
    project... If there is any interest.
    Intransition, Nov 19, 2009