Sourcing Python Developers

Kartic

Hello,

My company has quite a few opening involving python expertise. We are
always looking for python resources (and find it difficult filling these
positions, might I add). Is there any place to find developers' resumes
(like finding jobs from http://python.org/community/jobs/)? If any one
knows of a resume repository (other than Monster, Dice,
Costs-an-arm-and-leg job site) please share.

In any case, we have immediate requirements for a Pythonista with C++,
MySQL, XML, Debian expertise. Please email resume to:
python-resumes(at)temporaryforwarding.com

Thank you,
--Kartic

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ralf_Sch=F6nian?=

Kartic said:
Hello,

My company has quite a few opening involving python expertise. We are
always looking for python resources (and find it difficult filling these
positions, might I add). Is there any place to find developers' resumes
(like finding jobs from http://python.org/community/jobs/)? If any one
knows of a resume repository (other than Monster, Dice,
Costs-an-arm-and-leg job site) please share.

Do not know if you have to give your arm or your leg away, but maybe the
following place is of interest for you:

http://www.opensourcexperts.com

Ralf Schoenian

Paul Rubin

Kartic said:
In any case, we have immediate requirements for a Pythonista with C++,
MySQL, XML, Debian expertise. Please email resume to:

Generally it's ok to post here to the newsgroup with Python jobs. But
you should describe the specific openings you're trying to fill, and
their locations.

Kartic

Paul Rubin sayeth, on 01/29/2007 03:44 PM:
Generally it's ok to post here to the newsgroup with Python jobs. But
you should describe the specific openings you're trying to fill, and
their locations.

Paul - Thanks for the clarification; will use the list _sparingly_ post
jobs.

The skills I listed are the once I have (Py, MySQL, C++, XML, Debian).
Location: Torrance CA.
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience.

John Nagle

Ralf said:
Do not know if you have to give your arm or your leg away, but maybe the
following place is of interest for you:

http://www.opensourcexperts.com

Ralf Schoenian

I'd recommend against Rent-A-Coder. I put a job out there
(overhauling "rwhois.py"), and three "coders" in succession
tried it and gave up.

John Nagle