space between CSS divs - how?

Neil Monk

http://www.neilmonk.com/new/

How can I increase the space between the main div (content) and the right
div (changelog)??

It looks (MSIE 6.0 @ 1024x768) *just* when maximised, but the text in the
main div is being over lapped by the chagelog vi when viewed at 800x600.

TIA

Greg Schmidt

http://www.neilmonk.com/new/

How can I increase the space between the main div (content) and the right
div (changelog)??

It looks (MSIE 6.0 @ 1024x768) *just* when maximised, but the text in the
main div is being over lapped by the chagelog vi when viewed at 800x600.

TIA

Looks like changelog should have a width specified, perhaps something like
6em would be about right for the content you have there now.

Greg.

Neil Monk

Greg said:
Looks like changelog should have a width specified, perhaps something
like 6em would be about right for the content you have there now.

Greg.

I have made it 12em (to prove a point) and it just makes it worse, have a
look, even 6em is bad enough
:-(

Neal

http://www.neilmonk.com/new/

How can I increase the space between the main div (content) and the right
div (changelog)??

It looks (MSIE 6.0 @ 1024x768) *just* when maximised, but the text in the
main div is being over lapped by the chagelog vi when viewed at 800x600.

An absolutely positioned div cannot respect the float. Try this:

Put the two floated divs and the content in a <div id="wrap">,</div> with
style #wrap {position: relative}.

Then change #content to:

#content{
margin-left: 205px;
margin-right: 5px;
margin-top: 0;
}

or margin-right: 12.5 em; if you want that.

Neil Monk

Neil said:
I have made it 12em (to prove a point) and it just makes it worse,
have a look, even 6em is bad enough
:-(

Sorted it, the problem was the width of the "content" div.
Thanks for your help anyways, at least you pointed me in the right
direction.