Space or comment between the lines can affect the program

Allen

Hi Everybody,

I have a problem; I hope someone can help me. I have MS Visual
studio.net 2003. I notice that the compiler is acting up. The program can
be affected by the presence of commented block (For example if I use // ..or
/* .... */) or even if there is an empty space in the program. This
commented block or big empty space in the program can still affect the
program and make it act funny. I have to delete or cut the whole block of
commented codes and bring the lines together in order to prevent such
effect. I remember, not long ago, I had the same problem and someone from a
newsgroup helped me to fix it. If I remember correctly he talked about
something like out of Sync. Someone suggested that my last changed doesn't
make it into the binary file.

Can anybody help?

Guest

Hi Everybody,

I have a problem; I hope someone can help me.  I have  MS Visual
studio.net 2003.  I notice that the compiler is acting up.  The program can
be affected by the presence of commented block (For example if I use // ...or
/* .... */) or even if there is an empty space in the program.  This
commented block or big empty space in the program can still affect the
program and make it act funny.   I have to delete or cut the whole block of
commented codes and bring the lines together in order to prevent such
effect.  I remember, not long ago, I had the same problem and someone from a
newsgroup helped me to fix it.  If I remember correctly he talked about
something like out of Sync.  Someone suggested that my last changed doesn't
make it into the binary file.

Can anybody help?

Quite old software that is out of support.... Do you have SP installed
on it?
Maybe you can start with the newest Express Edition
http://www.microsoft.com/express/

Guest

Quite old software that is out of support.... Do you have SP installed
on it?
Maybe you can start with the newest Express Editionhttp://www.microsoft.com/express/- Hide quoted text -

I mean Express is free, and you can replace your old VS.NET 2003. But
Express Edition can only be used to create applications that run on
the .NET Framework 2.0. You can also try trial version of Visual
Studio Team System 2008
http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/try/default.mspx

Allen

Hi Smirnov,
I appreciate your answer. There are two reasons I have to stick to this old
software.
1) If I use new version, I have to repeat the whole program I am working on.
2) I have no money to buy the new software, right now. I do not believe in
free software. I know I have to buy it someday. As soon as I finish the
program I am working on; I will buy the 2008's once.

--
Thanks
[...]

I do not know what you meant by "....Do you have SP installed
........ ". Do you mean XP? I have MS V 2005. I tried to run my program
using it, but it does not work. I have to rewrite the whole program from
the beginning.

Thanks
Allen
Quite old software that is out of support.... Do you have SP installed
on it?
Maybe you can start with the newest Express
Editionhttp://www.microsoft.com/express/- Hide quoted text -

I mean Express is free, and you can replace your old VS.NET 2003. But
Express Edition can only be used to create applications that run on
the .NET Framework 2.0. You can also try trial version of Visual
Studio Team System 2008
http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/try/default.mspx

Guest

Hi Smirnov,
I do not know what you meant by "....Do you have SP installed
....... ".  Do you mean XP?

I mean Service Pack 1 for VS.NET 2003, it contains fixes for many bugs
and maybe it would fix your problem too.
http://download.cnet.com/Microsoft-Visual-Studio-NET-2003-Service-Pack-1/3000-10250_4-10729888.html
I have MS V 2005. I tried to run my program
using it, but it does not work. I have to rewrite the whole program from
the beginning.

Go for free Express Edition 2008. VS.NET 2005 is old and you will be
always behind the others in technology. Microsoft is wants to ship
Studio 2010 and ASP.NET 4 at the end of the year.

I am not sure about Express but VS.NET 2008 (you can use trial
version) has quite good wizard to convert old code to the "new" code.
In most cases it works quite well and should be no big problems to
convert ASP 1.1 to ASP.NET 2.0 or 3.5. New IDE has no problems with
commented blocks and you will get more powerful ASP.NET platform