Space problems: impacts

Luigi

Hi all,
sorry for my strange question.
An ASP.NET C# (2.0) application may run into runtime problems (or other
kinds of malfunctions) when running on a machine with very low free space on
disk (for example, only 5 MB free space on 220 GB total)?

Thanks a lot.

George Ter-Saakov

It will not run into any problem until it actually do that :)
I mean if there is only 5MB free spaces that will not be a problem until
application try to create a file that is 6 Mb...

George.

Luigi

George Ter-Saakov said:
It will not run into any problem until it actually do that :)
I mean if there is only 5MB free spaces that will not be a problem until
application try to create a file that is 6 Mb...

Thanks George,
and is there a difference if the web application is in D partition, instead
of C?

Luigi

George Ter-Saakov

There is no difference where you web application is. It gets compiled and
loaded into memory anyway. To compile application .NET will need some space
in
%SystemRoot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\versionNumber\Temporary ASP.NET Files

But if you keep your database on the same machine try to have windows swap
file and database file to be on separate hard drives.

George.

Luigi

George Ter-Saakov said:
There is no difference where you web application is. It gets compiled and
loaded into memory anyway. To compile application .NET will need some space
in
%SystemRoot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\versionNumber\Temporary ASP.NET Files

Ok, thank you so much for your exaustive answer George.

Luigi