    It is my humble request to you to provide me with the source code for
    Spaceball (the game in which there's a ball...etc).

    Thanks in Anticipation
    Adeel Hasan Akbari, Aug 15, 2008

  2. Pardon, That wasn't quite helpful!
    Adeel Hasan Akbari, Aug 15, 2008

  3. "Adeel Hasan Akbari" <> wrote in message
    > Hi!
    > I'm new to this field.
    > Actually i'm a new programmer. And i've never worked in C.
    >
    > It is my humble request to you to provide me with the source code for
    > Spaceball (the game in which there's a ball...etc).
    >
    > Thanks in Anticipation

    :^|
    Chris M. Thomasson, Aug 15, 2008
  4. "Adeel Hasan Akbari" <> wrote in message
    > Pardon, That wasn't quite helpful!

    Perhaps:

    spaceball+c+"source-code"

    I never played the game...
    Chris M. Thomasson, Aug 15, 2008
  5. Thanks ... But that doesn't work either...I tried it on Google!
    Adeel Hasan Akbari, Aug 15, 2008
  6. "Adeel Hasan Akbari" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks ... But that doesn't work either...I tried it on Google!

    Well, I never played spaceball; please educate me?
    Chris M. Thomasson, Aug 15, 2008
  7. ----------Wikipedia----------
    SpaceBall was a miniature video game appearing on several models of LG
    brand mobile phones. The game was similar in concept to Snake, a title
    that was packaged with many Nokia brand cellular phones.

    OBJECT:
    The object of the game was to guide a small animal, the head of which
    resembled a rabbit with the horn of a unicorn, around a playing field
    gathering colored balls. The player had a set amount of time to clear
    the board without running into itself or a wall, or letting itself
    grow too long. If a player did any of these, or ran out of time, he
    lost a life (referred to as a "fail" in the game) and had to restart
    the level from the beginning. Failing four times ended the game; no
    extra lives were offered at any point in the game.
    ----------Wikipedia----------
    Adeel Hasan Akbari, Aug 15, 2008
  8. "Chris M. Thomasson" <> wrote in message
    > "Adeel Hasan Akbari" <> wrote in message
    >> Thanks ... But that doesn't work either...I tried it on Google!

    > Well, I never played spaceball; please educate me?

    So far, the only info I have is that, humm... Well let me quote one of your
    sentences:

    (The game in which there's a ball...etc)

    (Football... Volleyball... Soccer... Baseball... ect)

    Perhaps...

    (Football in orbit... Volleyball on the moon... Soccer on mars... Baseball
    in galaxy 4, solar system 2, planet 8, moon 5... ect)

    ?

    :^|
    Chris M. Thomasson, Aug 15, 2008
  9. Here's the entire article on Spaceball: (Source: Wikipedia)
    [Continued from previous post]

    >>Levels

    Each of the game's twenty levels grew progressively harder. The first
    level simply contained an open field, of which the character could
    leave one side and re-enter the screen immediately on the other. Later
    levels introduced borders around the field to prevent such exit and re-
    entry; walls, blocks, and other obstacles in the middle of the screen;
    and finally all-out mazes with narrow paths that strictly limited the
    animal's range of motion.

    >>Rules

    A level always began with three red segments attached to the
    creature's head. Eating any red balls with only these segments
    attached would not cause the animal to grow. Eating any other colored
    ball caused it to attach as a segment to the tail end of the creature,
    as did eating a red ball with segments of any other color already on
    the animal.

    A player could clear segments off the animal by attaching three balls
    of the same color to its tail. This could be done by simply eating
    three of the same color in a row, or by eating one or two of one
    color, eating three of another (clearing them), then eating a third
    (or a second and a third) of the original color. The importance of
    shortening the body was twofold: a longer creature ran a more
    dangerous risk of running into itself and dying immediately; also, if
    a player cleared the board while the character's body was too long
    (indicated by a number in the corner of the screen), the player failed
    (lost a life) and had to restart the level.

    >>Bonus balls

    Occasionally, a flashing bonus ball appeared on the playing screen.
    This ball was white with a red dot in the middle, and its appearance
    was marked by the player's phone vibrating. If the animal ate the
    bonus ball, one of four random effects would occur:

    * The timer resetting to full
    * The character's tail resetting to three red segments
    * All remaining balls on the field changing to the color of the
    last one eaten
    * All balls changing color and position.

    Two of these bonus balls appeared per life, per level.

    _____________________COMMENT_______________
    I don't want such a complex game - Just a single level game which
    performs the basic function!
    Adeel Hasan Akbari, Aug 15, 2008
  10. > > "Chris M. Thomasson" <> wrote in message

    > > "Chris M. Thomasson" <> wrote in message
    > >> "Adeel Hasan Akbari" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> Well, I never played spaceball; please educate me?

    > > So far, the only info I have is that, humm... Well let me quote one of
    > > your sentences:
    > >
    > > (The game in which there's a ball...etc)
    > >

    > > (Football... Volleyball... Soccer... Baseball... ect)

    > Oh crap... Sorry for misquoting you! Your sentence was exactly:

    "It is my humble request to you to provide me with the source code for
    Spaceball (the game in which there's a ball...etc)."

    Sorry about that non-sense.

    Chris M. Thomasson, Aug 15, 2008
  11. > why not ask your teacher?

    Smart Question - Its an Assignment - And i don't have a clue how to do
    it!!!

    I missed those lectures!!!
    Adeel Hasan Akbari, Aug 15, 2008
  12. "Adeel Hasan Akbari" <> wrote in message
    > ----------Wikipedia----------
    > SpaceBall was a miniature video game appearing on several models of LG
    > brand mobile phones. The game was similar in concept to Snake, a title
    > that was packaged with many Nokia brand cellular phones.
    >
    > OBJECT:
    > The object of the game was to guide a small animal, the head of which
    > resembled a rabbit with the horn of a unicorn, around a playing field
    > gathering colored balls. The player had a set amount of time to clear
    > the board without running into itself or a wall, or letting itself
    > grow too long. If a player did any of these, or ran out of time, he
    > lost a life (referred to as a "fail" in the game) and had to restart
    > the level from the beginning. Failing four times ended the game; no
    > extra lives were offered at any point in the game.
    > ----------Wikipedia----------

    Well, try here:

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c/search?group=comp.lang.c&q=snake game

    http://www.mycplus.com/out.asp?CID=1&SCID=66

    why not ask your teacher?
    Chris M. Thomasson, Aug 15, 2008
  13. Adeel Hasan Akbari

    Richard Bos Guest

    Adeel Hasan Akbari <> wrote:

    > > why not ask your teacher?

    > Smart Question - Its an Assignment - And i don't have a clue how to do
    > it!!!
    >
    > I missed those lectures!!!

    So now you expect _us_ to do _your_ homework because _you_ were too lazy
    to turn up for class? Do the world a favour, and fail the course.

    Richard
    Richard Bos, Aug 15, 2008
  14. Thanks So much for the help....

    At least i now have something to go on...!

    But I need SPaceball - not Snake...!

    Thanks Again!
    Adeel Hasan Akbari, Aug 15, 2008
  15. On Aug 15, 5:42 pm, (Richard Bos) wrote:
    > Adeel Hasan Akbari <> wrote:
    >
    > > > why not ask your teacher?

    > > Smart Question - Its an Assignment - And i don't have a clue how to do
    > > it!!!

    > > I missed those lectures!!!

    > So now you expect _us_ to do _your_ homework because _you_ were too lazy
    > to turn up for class? Do the world a favour, and fail the course.
    >
    > Richard

    Hey! Thats cruel!

    Believe me, i won't fail. As for the request for the code _ Get a life
    - I requested the code since the code i designed is a complete dud.
    The code doesn't even reach the compilation stage!!!!
    Adeel Hasan Akbari, Aug 15, 2008
  16. "Chris M. Thomasson" <> wrote in message
    > "Adeel Hasan Akbari" <> wrote in message
    >> ----------Wikipedia----------
    >> SpaceBall was a miniature video game appearing on several models of LG
    >> brand mobile phones. The game was similar in concept to Snake, a title
    >> that was packaged with many Nokia brand cellular phones.

    [...]

    Actually, I programmed a snake game when I was just a little kid; the game
    itself is really nothing new at all...
    Chris M. Thomasson, Aug 15, 2008
  17. "Adeel Hasan Akbari" <> wrote in message
    >> why not ask your teacher?

    > Smart Question - Its an Assignment - And i don't have a clue how to do
    > it!!!
    >
    > I missed those lectures!!!

    Ummmm... PLEASE; talk to your teacher one-on-one. I am quite sure she/he is
    a very nice person who would love to give you a boat load of pointers. Every
    teacher I have ever met gets really pissed off when one of their students
    fails... Especially when they NEVER ask for HELP! Don't you DARE be
    intimidated! Just ask for help; be humble and state your case! If your
    teacher scolds you, think about if you truly deserve it or not! You missed
    lectures... Were/Are you sick? What's the problem? Got a doctors note? Ouch!

    ;^|
    Chris M. Thomasson, Aug 15, 2008
  18. Adeel Hasan Akbari

    CBFalconer Guest

    Adeel Hasan Akbari wrote:

    > Thanks ... But that doesn't work either...I tried it on Google!

    If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, ensure you
    quote enough for the article to make sense. Google is only an
    interface to Usenet; it's not Usenet itself. Don't assume your
    readers can, or ever will, see any previous articles.

    Try the download section.
    CBFalconer, Aug 15, 2008
  19. Adeel Hasan Akbari <> wrote:
    > ----------Wikipedia----------
    > SpaceBall was a miniature video game appearing on several models of LG
    > brand mobile phones. The game was similar in concept to Snake, a title
    > that was packaged with many Nokia brand cellular phones.

    What makes you believe that it was written in C at all? And if it
    was that there would be much you would be able to use? And if it
    was on Nokia phones where did you get the idea that they would
    have released the sources for it?

    I guess your best chance is that continue to try to write your own
    implementation of the game. If you do it in C and have problems with
    the C part of the task this here is the right group to ask for help
    (but note that e.g. graphics are system specific and you have to
    look for a group that deals with the details of that). If you want
    full sources for something (assuming that they exist and the author
    is prepared to share it) then there's alt.source.wanted (but I would
    not hold my breath waiting for a reply...)

    Regards, Jens
    --
    \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___
    Jens Thoms Toerring, Aug 15, 2008
  20. Adeel Hasan Akbari wrote:

    > > > Smart Question - Its an Assignment - And i don't have a clue how to do
    > > > it!!!

    > > > I missed those lectures!!!

    > > So now you expect _us_ to do _your_ homework because _you_ were too lazy
    > > to turn up for class? Do the world a favour, and fail the course.

    > Hey! Thats cruel!

    That's life. "I can't do my work, so you should do it for me because
    I can't be bothered to figure things out" deserves such a reply.

    > Believe me, i won't fail. As for the request for the code _ Get a life
    > - I requested the code since the code i designed is a complete dud.
    > The code doesn't even reach the compilation stage!!!!

    So, you can't even get your code to compile, and you think you won't
    fail the course? Well, unless you get someone to do it for you, it
    sounds like you certainly deserve to fail.

    Now, if you want to post the code that you're having problems with,
    and ask for help on correcting those problems, by all means do so.
    However, given the description of the game, I assume there will be
    plenty of system-specific questions you have, and they need to be
    asked elsewhere.

    Don't e-mail me at: <mailto:>
    Kenneth Brody, Aug 15, 2008