    file a.zip

    Any idea why?

    Thanks,
    MM User, Dec 11, 2008

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "MM User" <>
    writing in news::

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a page that uploads to a site, for some reason some files have
    > %20 in the files names some do not
    > i.e. someone will upload with a file:
    >
    > my file.zip
    >
    > another person:
    >
    > my file a.zip
    >
    > in some cases the file is uploaded as, my%20file.zip and in some
    > cases, my file a.zip
    >
    > Any idea why?
    >
    > Thanks,

    Well, that teaches you not to use spaces in file names, doesn't it?

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Dec 12, 2008

  3. MM User

    MM User Guest

    Adrienne,

    Not me but other users - I have asked to prevent the use of spaces and know
    I can use validation but the powers above want to allow this - annoyingly.

    MM User, Dec 12, 2008
  4. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "MM User" <>
    writing in news::

    Please do not top post in Usenet. Answer below.

    > "Adrienne Boswell" <> wrote in message
    >> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "MM User"
    >> <> writing in
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I have a page that uploads to a site, for some reason some files
    >>> have %20 in the files names some do not
    >>> i.e. someone will upload with a file:
    >>>
    >>> my file.zip
    >>>
    >>> another person:
    >>>
    >>> my file a.zip
    >>>
    >>> in some cases the file is uploaded as, my%20file.zip and in some
    >>> cases, my file a.zip
    >>>
    >>> Any idea why?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>

    >> Well, that teaches you not to use spaces in file names, doesn't it?
    >>

    > Adrienne,
    >
    > Not me but other users - I have asked to prevent the use of spaces and
    > know I can use validation but the powers above want to allow this -
    > annoyingly.

    Then, what I think would be a good thing is to forward this very message
    to the "Powers Above" so they can see what this type of policy does.

    Sure, your car go 90 miles an hour on the freeway, but it is safe?

    Adrienne Boswell, Dec 13, 2008