Spaces in some files some not

MM User

Hi,

I have a page that uploads to a site, for some reason some files have %20 in
the files names some do not
i.e. someone will upload with a file:

my file.zip

another person:

my file a.zip

in some cases the file is uploaded as, my%20file.zip and in some cases, my
file a.zip

Any idea why?

Thanks,

Adrienne Boswell

Hi,

I have a page that uploads to a site, for some reason some files have
%20 in the files names some do not
i.e. someone will upload with a file:

my file.zip

another person:

my file a.zip

in some cases the file is uploaded as, my%20file.zip and in some
cases, my file a.zip

Any idea why?

Thanks,

Well, that teaches you not to use spaces in file names, doesn't it?

MM User

Adrienne,

Not me but other users - I have asked to prevent the use of spaces and know
I can use validation but the powers above want to allow this - annoyingly.

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "MM User" <[email protected]>
writing in
Please do not top post in Usenet. Answer below.
Adrienne,

Not me but other users - I have asked to prevent the use of spaces and
know I can use validation but the powers above want to allow this -
annoyingly.

Then, what I think would be a good thing is to forward this very message
to the "Powers Above" so they can see what this type of policy does.

Sure, your car go 90 miles an hour on the freeway, but it is safe?