    everyday computers.
    I suppose it is not correct following the w3c specification of html/css.
    Thanks for advice.

    Thomas Plehn, Mar 13, 2009

  2. Thomas Plehn wrote:

    > when microsoft office

    What part of Office? Microsoft Word? Excel? Powerpoint?

    > creates anchors in html documents, it uses tags like <span
    > style='mso-bookmark:f1'></span>, where "f1" is the actual achor
    > lable.

    > This seems to work in latest firefox versions, but is this portable?

    I would be surprised if it *did* work in Firefox! What value is "f1"
    supposed to represent? There is no CSS value I am familiar with where it
    is valid.

    > I need to now if it will work in most browsers that are in use today
    > on everyday computers.

    Show me a URL. If it does anything even in Internet Explorer, I would
    also be surprised.

    > I suppose it is not correct following the w3c specification of html/css.

    That is very true. Methinks the whole style thingy you show above is for
    *importing* back into Word, rather than concerning actual display on the
    WWW.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 13, 2009

  3. Thomas Plehn

    Thomas Plehn Guest

    you are comletely right, there was an additional HTML compliant anchor
    definition in the document. word seems to generate both tags along with each
    other.

    "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> schrieb im
    Newsbeitrag news:gpecvr$7e1$...

    Thomas Plehn, Mar 13, 2009