Thomas Plehn

Hello,
when microsoft office creates anchors in html documents, it uses tags like
where "f1" is the actual achor lable. This seems to work in latest firefox
versions, but is this portable?
I need to now if it will work in most browsers that are in use today on
everyday computers.
I suppose it is not correct following the w3c specification of html/css.
Thanks for advice.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Thomas said:
when microsoft office

What part of Office? Microsoft Word? Excel? Powerpoint?
creates anchors in html documents, it uses tags like <span
style='mso-bookmark:f1'></span>, where "f1" is the actual achor
lable.
This seems to work in latest firefox versions, but is this portable?

I would be surprised if it *did* work in Firefox! What value is "f1"
supposed to represent? There is no CSS value I am familiar with where it
is valid.
I need to now if it will work in most browsers that are in use today
on everyday computers.

Show me a URL. If it does anything even in Internet Explorer, I would
also be surprised.
I suppose it is not correct following the w3c specification of html/css.

That is very true. Methinks the whole style thingy you show above is for
*importing* back into Word, rather than concerning actual display on the
WWW.

Thomas Plehn

you are comletely right, there was an additional HTML compliant anchor
definition in the document. word seems to generate both tags along with each
other.