    any idea ??

    thanks a lot :)
    Vince.
    Vince, May 26, 2005

  2. Vince <vincent@<remove>.> wrote:

    > is it permitted to insert a span block into another span block, like
    > this ?
    >
    > <SPAN id=span1>
    > <SPAN id=span2 style="display:none">
    > </SPAN>
    > </SPAN>

    The span element does not constitute a block in HTML sense (and it does
    not constitute a block in CSS sense by default). Other than that, the
    technical answer is "yes". You could have checked this from the nearest
    HTML reference faster than you typed your message.

    On the other hand, using <span> tends to mean that you have not tried
    to use appropriate markup. Using style="display:none" suggests that you
    are doing something foolish, or that this is not what you are trying to
    do in reality.

    > I've tried something like this, but span2 still visible..

    I don't believe you. Those spans create nothing visible, with or
    without the style sheet. Your actual document contains something else.

    Besides, whether the style sheet has some effect is a quite different
    issue.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, May 26, 2005