    / v \ http://www.linux-sxs.org
    /( _ )\ Linux 2.4.22-xfs
    ^ ^ 10:12am up 16:17 0 users 1.08 1.08

    toylet, Feb 24, 2004

  2. > What are their differnces? Any url that discusses this?

    According to w3schools.com:

    The <div> tag defines a division/section in a document.

    and

    The <span> tag is used to group inline-elements in a document.

    e n | c k m a, Feb 24, 2004

  3. toylet

    Craig Guest

    Which means a DIV will make a new box (like a new paragraph, it'll jump
    down and begin a new line) while span can be used within a sentence, for
    example to make *these words in blue* then go back to normal text
    without breaking the line.

    Craig, Feb 24, 2004
  4. toylet

    Mark Parnell Guest