Spartan 3A Starter Kit Comm Problem

TTX

Hi,

I am seeing the following error when trying to configure my Spartan 3A/3AN
eval board using ISE 10.1

// *** BATCH CMD : ReadIdcode -p 1
INFO:iMPACT:583 - '1': The idcode read from the device does not match the
idcode in the bsdl File.
INFO:iMPACT:1578 - '1': Device IDCODE :
00000100010001010000000100100110
INFO:iMPACT:1579 - '1': Expected IDCODE:
00000010001000101000000010010011

It appears to be an extra shift and I thought this may be the USB or signal
integrity to blame. However, I can get the following info (with no problem)
using the Cable Setup utility (Output -> Cable Set-up):

Checking cable driver.
Driver file xusbdfwu.sys found.
Driver version: src=1027, dest=1027.
Driver windrvr6.sys version = 8.1.1.0. WinDriver v8.11 Jungo (c) 1997 -
2006 Build Date: Oct 16 2006 X86 32bit SYS 12:35:07, version = 811.
Cable PID = 0008.
Max current requested during enumeration is 74 mA.
Type = 0x0004.
Cable Type = 3, Revision = 0.
Setting cable speed to 6 MHz.
Cable connection established.
Firmware version = 1303.
File version of D:/Xilinx/10.1/ISE/data/xusb_xlp.hex = 1303.
Firmware hex file version = 1303.
PLD file version = 0012h.
PLD version = 0012h.

So it looks like the USB communications is OK. Can anyone give a pointer to
what may be wrong? I have followed the documentation (Spartan-3A/3AN Starter
Kit Board User Guide) and it looks like its set up properly for a USB
download. The Demo program is working well (LED's flashing user screen
displaying demo message).

Thanks for your attention,

Mike