    DAC , Serial port, LCD and memory or I have to write it by my self?

    Regards,
    John

    john, Jan 4, 2008

  2. john

    RedskullDC Guest

    Hi John,

    "john" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am planning to buy the Spartan 3AN kit. you can find the kit on the
    > following link for 225 dollars
    >
    > http://www.xilinx.com/products/devkits/HW-SPAR3AN-SK-UNI-G-PROMO.htm
    >
    > I have following question for those people who have worked with it
    >
    > 1. Does this kit available with the VHDL interface software for ADC,
    > DAC , Serial port, LCD and memory or I have to write it by my self?
    >
    > Regards,
    > John

    Check:
    http://www.xilinx.com/products/boards/s3astarter/reference_designs.htm

    The demo design that is programmed onto the board when you get it
    uses everything except the ADC as far as I can see.
    Source is available from the reference designs page.

    If you don't really need the Non-Volatile 3AN chip, then this is better
    value still:
    http://www.xilinx.com/products/devkits/HW-SPAR3ADDR2-DK-UNI-G-PROMO1.htm

    I bought one of these. It's the same as the 3A board, plus you get a 133MHz
    oscilator,
    AND it's $25 CHEAPER than the normal 3A starter kit.
    Try and work that one out??

    Red

    RedskullDC, Jan 5, 2008