Spawn Automated Template From ASP Page

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Colin Steadman, Jan 15, 2004.

  1. I have an intranet site that I've setup for our Personnel
    department which allows users to find and view basic
    details about employees.

    I also have a number of automated Word templates which
    connect to the same database as the intranet site that
    generate standard documents for the user. The templates
    need employee number to do this, so I have created various
    VBA forms with basic search functions built in.

    Both are curerntly stand-alone applications and have
    nothing much to do with each other. But if possible I'd
    like to change all that. So my question is:

    Is it possible trigger a Word 2000 template on a users
    client PC from an ASP page? And at the same time pass it
    a variable it can use within its own built-in VBA macro?

    Doing this would allow the user to search for employee's
    in a more natural way in one place. And then request a
    number of standard documents for that employee. It would
    also have the knock on effect of allowing me to massively
    simplify the Word templates making them faster and more
    reliable.

    If this is possible I'd appreciate any suggestions on how
    it might be done.

    TIA,

    Colin

    Colin Steadman, Jan 15, 2004

  2. If anyone could help with this one I'd really appreciate it. I spent a lot of depressing hours yesterday trying to get this to work without much success. I could really use some support.

    Thanks,

    Colin

    Colin Steadman, Jan 16, 2004