Spawn Automated Template From ASP Page

Colin Steadman

I have an intranet site that I've setup for our Personnel
department which allows users to find and view basic
details about employees.

I also have a number of automated Word templates which
connect to the same database as the intranet site that
generate standard documents for the user. The templates
need employee number to do this, so I have created various
VBA forms with basic search functions built in.

Both are curerntly stand-alone applications and have
nothing much to do with each other. But if possible I'd
like to change all that. So my question is:

Is it possible trigger a Word 2000 template on a users
client PC from an ASP page? And at the same time pass it
a variable it can use within its own built-in VBA macro?

Doing this would allow the user to search for employee's
in a more natural way in one place. And then request a
number of standard documents for that employee. It would
also have the knock on effect of allowing me to massively
simplify the Word templates making them faster and more
reliable.

If this is possible I'd appreciate any suggestions on how
it might be done.

TIA,

Colin

Colin Steadman

If anyone could help with this one I'd really appreciate it. I spent a lot of depressing hours yesterday trying to get this to work without much success. I could really use some support.

Thanks,

Colin