Spawn temp worker thread from Application_Start

Weston Weems

I am loading a buncha cache stuff up on application_start.
I was wondering if I spawned a couple worker threads to do
the work, they'd have access to HttpRuntime for the app,
or HttpContext.Current.

That way they could be fetching data for the cache at the
same time.

Thanks in advance,
Weston Weems

Kevin Spencer

There is no HttpContext during Application_Start, as there is no HTTP
Request. Other than that, sure, you can use Threads in the Application
class.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer