spawn under windows

Discussion in 'C++' started by Tieum, Sep 7, 2004.

  1. Tieum

    Tieum Guest

    Hello,

    To launch a new process under windows I use the spawn command spawnvp

    spawnvp(_P_NOWAIT, cmd, ppTab);
    with ppTab containing [ /C, myprog.bat ]

    myprog.bat does produce output.

    If I launch this from within DevStudio 6.0 I see the outbut in the window

    If I launh it as a stand-alone program, the cmd window that opens show
    nothing ...

    Does anybody have any idea about how to solve this ?

    Thank you

    Tieum

    Tieum, Sep 7, 2004

  2. Tieum

    Tieum Guest

    Tieum wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > To launch a new process under windows I use the spawn command spawnvp
    >
    > spawnvp(_P_NOWAIT, cmd, ppTab);
    > with ppTab containing [ /C, myprog.bat ]
    >
    > myprog.bat does produce output.
    >
    > If I launch this from within DevStudio 6.0 I see the outbut in the window
    >
    > If I launh it as a stand-alone program, the cmd window that opens show
    > nothing ...
    >
    > Does anybody have any idea about how to solve this ?
    >
    > Thank you
    >

    > Tieum

    If anayone is interessed, I solved this by using _P_DETACH instead of
    _P_NOWAIT.

    Tieum

    Tieum, Sep 7, 2004