    but comes up mainly with distance learning courses for C :-(

    TIA
    Chris.
    Chris, Jul 29, 2003

  2. Chris <> wrote in
    news:3f2682f8$:

    > I have a stand-alone program that I want to convert into a client-server
    > type approach so that instead of running several instances of the same
    > program I just spawn new child processes. In theory this should reduce
    > the load on our server :)
    >
    > As I've never done any of this before could anyone please suggest
    > web-sites or other sources for useful info. I've done a google search,
    > but comes up mainly with distance learning courses for C :-(

    I'm afraid we're no help here since the C language has not notion of
    spawning processes. You simply cannot do this without some system-specific
    (read: off-topic here) libraries. This sounds kind of unixy so why not try
    over in comp.unix.programmer?

    --
    - Mark ->
    Mark A. Odell, Jul 29, 2003

  3. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Mark A. Odell wrote:
    > Chris <> wrote in
    >

    >>I have a stand-alone program that I want to convert into a client-server
    >>type approach so that instead of running several instances of the same
    >>program I just spawn new child processes. In theory this should reduce
    >>the load on our server :)
    >>
    >>As I've never done any of this before could anyone please suggest
    >>web-sites or other sources for useful info. I've done a google search,
    >>but comes up mainly with distance learning courses for C :-(

    > I'm afraid we're no help here since the C language has not notion of
    > spawning processes. You simply cannot do this without some system-specific
    > (read: off-topic here) libraries. This sounds kind of unixy so why not try
    > over in comp.unix.programmer?

    Thanks. I'll head over there then.
    Chris, Jul 30, 2003