    Drahobejlova 27 tel:+420 283 095 382
    190 00 Praha 9 fax:+420 283 095 374
    Czech Republic http://www.suse.cz

    Marian Jancar, Nov 18, 2003

  2. Marian Jancar wrote:

    > Is there a module for parsing spec files available?

    What are spec files?

    --Irmen

    Irmen de Jong, Nov 18, 2003

  3. Marian> Is there a module for parsing spec files available?

    Depends. What are spec files?

    Skip

    Skip Montanaro, Nov 18, 2003
  4. On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 19:24:59 +0100
    Irmen de Jong <> wrote:

    > Marian Jancar wrote:
    >
    > > Is there a module for parsing spec files available?

    > What are spec files?

    "Spec" file is usualy called the script used by rpm to build binary
    rpm package from sources. Sorry for being imprecise, I thought it is
    generaly known.

    Marian

    Best Regards,

    Marian Jancar
    software developer
    SuSE CR, s.r.o. e-mail:

    Marian Jancar, Nov 18, 2003
  5. Marian Jancar

    John Benson Guest

    If you're talking about text parameter files, how about module
    SafeConfigParser (which superseded ConfigParser) that translates Windows
    ..INI files to and from Python methods. It's described on pp 135-6 of
    Martelli & Ascher's Python Cookbook (O'Reilly, 2002). Cookbook recipes are
    also available online at http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python

    John Benson, Nov 18, 2003