spec file parsing

Skip Montanaro

Marian> Is there a module for parsing spec files available?

Depends. What are spec files?

Skip

Marian Jancar

What are spec files?

"Spec" file is usualy called the script used by rpm to build binary
rpm package from sources. Sorry for being imprecise, I thought it is
generaly known.

Marian

John Benson

If you're talking about text parameter files, how about module
SafeConfigParser (which superseded ConfigParser) that translates Windows
..INI files to and from Python methods. It's described on pp 135-6 of
Martelli & Ascher's Python Cookbook (O'Reilly, 2002). Cookbook recipes are
also available online at http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python