SPEC is seeking candidate codes for an MPI-based benchmark suite

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Matthijs van Waveren, Dec 9, 2004.

  1. "Your opportunity to be a RECOGNIZED EXPERT in the HPC Community"

    The SPEC High Performance Group is seeking candidates for a benchmark
    suite based on Message Passing Interface (MPI) applications.

    Successful submitters will be rewarded with a free license for the
    benchmark suite, recognized on the SPEC website and in media
    materials, and their programs will influence future designs of
    computer hardware and software. For example the suite will provide
    performance metrics that could be used to compare:

    i) different hardware architectures - SMP, NUMA, clusters - and
    interconnects,
    ii) processors,
    iii) memory hierarchy,
    iv) compilers,
    v) MPI implementations.

    Candidate applications can be in any area, but SPEC considers it
    important that the program be close to state of the art in the given
    field. The program should also be portable across different hardware
    and software architectures.

    Submitters can submit by filling out the entry form found at

    http://www.spec.org/mpi/submissions.html

    and the Permission to Use form giving SPEC the right to distribute the
    program as part of a SPEC benchmark suite

    http://www.spec.org/spec/docs/permission_to_use.pdf

    SPEC reserves the right to accept or reject any program at any time.
    SPEC and the SPEC HPG shall be the sole arbiter of what constitutes a
    successful submission and worthy of a free copy of the benchmark
    CD. All decisions of SPEC and the SPEC HPG shall be final.

    SPEC is a registered trademark of the non-profit Standard Performance
    Evaluation Corporation. For information about SPEC, including
    membership and participation in benchmark development, visit
    http://www.spec.org or email .

    Matthijs van Waveren, Dec 9, 2004

  2. Re: SPEC is seeking candidate codes for an MPI-based benchmarksuite

    "Matthijs van Waveren" <> writes:
    > "Your opportunity to be a RECOGNIZED EXPERT in the HPC Community"
    >
    > The SPEC High Performance Group is seeking candidates for a benchmark
    > suite based on Message Passing Interface (MPI) applications.

    [snip]

    comp.parallel.mpi would probably be a better place to post this.
    (comp.lang.c in particular is very picky about topicality; I can't
    speak for comp.lang.fortran.)

    Keith Thompson, Dec 9, 2004

  3. Re: SPEC is seeking candidate codes for an MPI-based benchmarksuite

    Keith Thompson wrote:
    > "Matthijs van Waveren" <> writes:
    >
    >>"Your opportunity to be a RECOGNIZED EXPERT in the HPC Community"
    >>
    >>The SPEC High Performance Group is seeking candidates for a benchmark
    >>suite based on Message Passing Interface (MPI) applications.

    > [snip]
    >
    > comp.parallel.mpi would probably be a better place to post this.
    > (comp.lang.c in particular is very picky about topicality; I can't
    > speak for comp.lang.fortran.)

    Nah, we're pretty laid back about topicality in c.l.f. We lynch
    cross-posters, however.

    --
    Dr Richard H D Townsend
    Bartol Research Institute