Special caracters

Gir

Hi,

In my i-mode portal, i want to include emoji.

So i have to include : 잫 for example.

But when i compile my code i have : ? and this is not an
emoji ! So with : 잫 it runs but it don't works

Can somebody help me ?

Windows SErver 2003 and framework 1.1.4322

Regards

Jean-Luc David [MS-MVP]

Hi there,

To add in emoji in your ASP.NET webpage, you have to
use the symbol: URL scheme. For example:

<mobile:Image
runat="Server"
id="emoji"
AlternateText="Here is an emoji"
ImageUrl="symbol:51115">
</mobile:Image>

The symbole :URL scheme is documented on MSDN:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/mwsdk/html/mwlrfimagecontrol.asp

Keep in mind that the emoji will only render if the framework
detects the device as an i-Mode device. It will likely not work
in emulators (unless the correct User-Agent is transmitted to
the server).

I've written an article called "Developing I-Mode Websites
using Mobile.NET" on ASPToday.com which goes into deeper
detail.

Thanks,
Jean-Luc David
Microsoft .NET MVP