    not a font issue, I tried viewing it with a dozen different fonts to no
    avail.

    FONT: ↓

    scott, Mar 11, 2006

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "scott" <>
    writing in news::

    > I'm trying to use the ascii code for a "down arrow" which is "&darr;"
    >
    > It displays fine in my DESIGN VIEW within FrontPage, but when I preview
    > it with my browser, it doesn't show.
    >
    > Is there a trick to force ascii codes to render correctly in a browser?
    > It's not a font issue, I tried viewing it with a dozen different fonts
    > to no avail.
    >

    > FONT: &darr;

    Do you have URL? It seems to work fine in Opera, FF and IE. Perhaps there
    is something else that is causing it not to work.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

    Adrienne Boswell, Mar 11, 2006

  3. scott

    Evertjan. Guest

    Adrienne Boswell wrote on 11 mrt 2006 in

    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "scott"
    >
    >> I'm trying to use the ascii code for a "down arrow" which is "&darr;"
    >>
    >> It displays fine in my DESIGN VIEW within FrontPage, but when I
    >> preview it with my browser, it doesn't show.
    >>
    >> Is there a trick to force ascii codes to render correctly in a
    >> browser? It's not a font issue, I tried viewing it with a dozen
    >> different fonts to no avail.
    >>

    >> FONT: &darr;

    > Do you have URL? It seems to work fine in Opera, FF and IE. Perhaps
    > there is something else that is causing it not to work.

    Why would one expect this to be a ASP issue, gazing into your crystal ball?

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Mar 11, 2006
  4. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Evertjan."
    <> writing in

    > Adrienne Boswell wrote on 11 mrt 2006 in
    >
    >> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "scott"
    >>
    >>> I'm trying to use the ascii code for a "down arrow" which is "&darr;"
    >>>
    >>> It displays fine in my DESIGN VIEW within FrontPage, but when I
    >>> preview it with my browser, it doesn't show.
    >>>
    >>> Is there a trick to force ascii codes to render correctly in a
    >>> browser? It's not a font issue, I tried viewing it with a dozen
    >>> different fonts to no avail.
    >>>

    >>> FONT: &darr;

    >> Do you have URL? It seems to work fine in Opera, FF and IE. Perhaps
    >> there is something else that is causing it not to work.

    > Why would one expect this to be a ASP issue, gazing into your crystal
    > ball?

    Just trying to be helpful. True, I should have directed him to a better
    group.

    Adrienne Boswell, Mar 11, 2006
  5. scott

    Evertjan. Guest

    Adrienne Boswell wrote on 11 mrt 2006 in

    >> Why would one expect this to be a ASP issue, gazing into your crystal
    >> ball?
    >>

    > Just trying to be helpful. True, I should have directed him to a better
    > group.

    A helpfull ball, good for you. A lesson to us?

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Mar 11, 2006