Special Characters display differently on different computers

Ryan

Special character is displayed differently on 2 computers with the
same browser version (Internet Explorer 6.0).

String.fromCharCode(9425) is displayed:

- a letter b with a circle around it.
- a square <= this is the problem

I have compared every option in Internet Explorer and still can't
figure out why the 2nd computer is always displaying a square.

Any help is much appreciated!

Ryan

Fabian

Ryan said:
String.fromCharCode(9425) is displayed:

- a letter b with a circle around it.
- a square <= this is the problem

I have compared every option in Internet Explorer and still can't
figure out why the 2nd computer is always displaying a square.

Any help is much appreciated!

It sounds like the issue is the fonts installed on the machine. A
square/rectangle is the default glyph displayed when the font doesn't
have access to the right characters.

Ryan

Thanks, it was the problem!