Special symbols problem

Guest

I'm trying to return string like "\u0001" from web method, but client gets
exception

System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1,
978). --
-> System.Xml.XmlException: '', hexadecimal value 0x01, is an invalid
character
.. Line 1, position 1001.

What's wrong??
Thank you.

Martin Kulov

I'm trying to return string like "\u0001" from web method, but client
gets exception

System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1,
978). --
-> System.Xml.XmlException: '', hexadecimal value 0x01, is an invalid
character
. Line 1, position 1001.

Why do not you base64 encode the string contain special characters and all
will be fine.

Regards,

--
Martin Kulov