Special type of floating window - how is it done?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by newsgroupsYOUKNOWWHATTODO@lorriman.com, Apr 17, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi folks,

    If you look at this php site, and float your mouse above the list of
    new entries in the "last patchs" list you'll notice that some of the
    lines result in a floating graphic that follows the mouse :

    http://www.phpsecure.info/v2/?l=us

    Does anyone know how that is done? I'm only looking to put simple text
    into such a window. I'm not too bothered about the mouse being
    followed. Infact I would rather have browser compatibility and
    simplicity than anything fancy; but having such a feature, even with
    trade-offs, would solve a UI headache for me.

    I've tried searching but the keywords that come to (my) mind get me
    other stuff.

    Greg

    --

    http://www.lorriman.com
    ....with new guide on how to make starbucks-quality coffee cheaply

    , Apr 17, 2005

  2. Steve Pugh Guest

    wrote:

    >If you look at this php site, and float your mouse above the list of
    >new entries in the "last patchs" list you'll notice that some of the
    >lines result in a floating graphic that follows the mouse :
    >
    >http://www.phpsecure.info/v2/?l=us
    >
    >Does anyone know how that is done?

    JavaScript + CSS.

    > I'm only looking to put simple text
    >into such a window. I'm not too bothered about the mouse being
    >followed. Infact I would rather have browser compatibility and
    >simplicity than anything fancy;

    In that case investigate the title attribute.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

    Steve Pugh, Apr 17, 2005