Special type of floating window - how is it done?

newsgroupsYOUKNOWWHATTODO

Hi folks,

If you look at this php site, and float your mouse above the list of
new entries in the "last patchs" list you'll notice that some of the
lines result in a floating graphic that follows the mouse :

http://www.phpsecure.info/v2/?l=us

Does anyone know how that is done? I'm only looking to put simple text
into such a window. I'm not too bothered about the mouse being
followed. Infact I would rather have browser compatibility and
simplicity than anything fancy; but having such a feature, even with
trade-offs, would solve a UI headache for me.

I've tried searching but the keywords that come to (my) mind get me
other stuff.

Greg

Steve Pugh

If you look at this php site, and float your mouse above the list of
new entries in the "last patchs" list you'll notice that some of the
lines result in a floating graphic that follows the mouse :

http://www.phpsecure.info/v2/?l=us

Does anyone know how that is done?

JavaScript + CSS.
I'm only looking to put simple text
into such a window. I'm not too bothered about the mouse being
followed. Infact I would rather have browser compatibility and
simplicity than anything fancy;

In that case investigate the title attribute.

Steve