Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 1114 -Ora

bienwell

Hi,

I have a problem of running the ASP.NET web pages on the server after making
the file deployment. The server was intalled OraClient11g_home1. I created
DSN in ODBC with this driver. The test connection was successful. When I ran
the page that has the connection with Oracle, I've got this error message :

"ERROR [IM003] Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 1114
(Oracle in OraClient11g_home1)"

Could you help me to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Gregory A. Beamer

"ERROR [IM003] Specified driver could not be loaded due to system
error 1114 (Oracle in OraClient11g_home1)"

Could you help me to solve this problem?

You are most likely missing some components necessary to connect with
the Microsoft bits. Specifically the client and networking bits.

Solutions:

1. Install the missing bits
2. Download and use ODP.NET (from Oracle) instead of Microsoft's Oracle
Client. It should install the necessary bits to connect

I prefer ODP.NET to OracleClient personally, as it is designed by
Oracle. The negative side is it needs Java installed on the web server
(Nothing against Java, mind you, but why have multiple platforms on a
web server just to support datbase connectivity?).

There may also be a permissions issue for the ASP.NET user, or you may
be using ODBC and the user does not have permissions with the system
DSN, etc. Or Oracle is not configured correctly. There are quite a few
reasons, but I would make sure your Oracle client install is complete
first, then possibly go to ODP.NET, as it is a more pleasant experience
when working with Oracle data. Just my two cents.

Peace and Grace,

--
Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)

Twitter: @gbworld