    What is this nonsense about, and how do I fix it?

    Thanks!

    Lauchlan M

    Lauchlan M, Jun 2, 2004

  2. Dear Lauchlan

    It seems you need to register your aspnet accound with the IIS

    Just go to VS.Net Command Prompt

    Start - Programs - Microsoft Visual Studio.Net 2003 - Visual Studio .NET Tools - Visual Studio .NET 2003 Command Prompt

    and type aspnet_regiis -

    and give enter

    this would solve the problem

    hope it helps

    =?Utf-8?B?cmFuZ2FuaA==?=, Jun 2, 2004

  3. Lauchlan M

    Lauchlan M Guest

    > Dear Lauchlan,
    >
    > It seems you need to register your aspnet accound with the IIS.
    >
    > Just go to VS.Net Command Prompt
    >
    > Start - Programs - Microsoft Visual Studio.Net 2003 - Visual Studio .NET

    Tools - Visual Studio .NET 2003 Command Prompt.

    > and type aspnet_regiis -i
    >
    > and give enter.
    >
    > this would solve the problem.

    ok, it said it finished installing it, but VS.net still has the same
    problem.

    I'll try again tomorrow AM after restarting the computer.

    Thx,

    Lauchlan M

    Lauchlan M, Jun 2, 2004
  4. Lauchlan M

    Lauchlan M Guest

    > > this would solve the problem.

    > ok, it said it finished installing it, but VS.net still has the same
    > problem.
    >
    > I'll try again tomorrow AM after restarting the computer.

    Restarted the computer, still doesn't work . . .

    Thx

    Lauchlan M

    Lauchlan M, Jun 2, 2004
  5. Dear Lauchlan

    What is the box you are running. If it is Win 2003, go to IIS and check the WebService Extensions and see if ASP.Net is "prohibited" if so, "Allow " it. mail me if you still have problems.
    ----- Lauchlan M wrote: ----

    >> ok, it said it finished installing it, but VS.net still has the sam

    > problem
    >> I'll try again tomorrow AM after restarting the computer

    Restarted the computer, still doesn't work . .

    Th

    Lauchlan

    =?Utf-8?B?cmFuZ2FuaA==?=, Jun 3, 2004
  6. Lauchlan M

    Lauchlan M Guest

    > What is the box you are running. If it is Win 2003, go to IIS and check
    the WebService Extensions and see if ASP.Net is "prohibited" if so, "Allow "
    it. mail me if you still have problems.

    W2K pro.

    And it was working before, it just suddenly stopped.

    Lauchlan M

    Lauchlan M, Jun 3, 2004