Specify a Specific Folder for ASP.NET Debugging?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Scott Ballard, May 18, 2011.

  1. Greetings,

    I created a simple ASP.NET Web Application (VS 2010) that references
    a .NET assembly I wrote. My .NET assembly requires an XML file to be
    in the same directory as the .NET assembly at run time (using
    Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().Location). When I debug my simple
    ASP.NET Web Application I get a run time error that my .NET assembly
    can't find the XML file. It seems the ASP.NET debugger has copied
    my .NET assembly here:

    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files
    \root\a9e315fe\506c7c43\assembly\dl3\1614cf89\983afb56_b314cc01

    Of course the XML file is not there, hence the error. Is there any
    way to make the ASP.NET debugger use a spcieifc folder for debugging?
    Or is there a way to make the ASP.NET debugger copy the XML file to
    the debugging folder (i.e. the one I listed above)? I'm new to
    ASP.NET so please bear with me. Thank you.

    Regards,

    Scott Ballard

    Scott Ballard, May 18, 2011