Specify target framework in Web.Config

Mike

Is it possible to specify the target framework version in the Web.Config
file? I'm planning on installing the Whidbey Beta2 framework soon and want
to explicitly make sure I'm pointing to the 2003 framework for some existing
web applications.

Thanks,
Mike

Lau Lei Cheong

But I remember that under project properties, there is an option(something
like supported runtime) specifying the version of .NET framwork you plan to
run on, isn't it?

Tampa.NET Koder

I think that works only for desktop applications. I could be wrong. But
the ASPNET version switcher will force it to work on a specified version of
the .net framework

Juan T. Llibre

That's a compilation switch.

It tells VS.NET which compiler to use
and to load the appropiate classes.

Juan T. Llibre

It works for both desktop and web apps.

The thing is that it is a "compiler" switch.

It tells VS.NET which compiler version to use.

Which *runtime* version is used is a different thing,
which in 1.1 and 2.0 web apps can be changed via
the ASP.NET tab in the MMC ( which doesn't work
since Beta 1 ) or using Denis Bauer's ASP.NET
version switcher, like you correctly indicate.