specify url in web.config

GrantMagic

I am currently managing a number of websites, all following the same
structure.
However, when I launch a new website, I have to go through every page to
find and replace the base url's.

I would like to store the url in the web.config file so I would only need to
change this in one place.

Does this create unnecessary overhead, or is this a good method to solve my
problem

Curt_C [MVP]

should work fine. This is what I do to differentiate the DEV, Test and Prod
setups.
All identical with different Web.config files.

Curt

Karl

web.config is fine. You might want to create your own xml file and SiteUrls
class if you need more flexibility (over caching, sharing, expandability,
strongly-typed)....

Karl