Specify version and product info

Greg

Hi all,

Currently, to be able to certify our product all dlls must have version
numbers and product/company information.
Is there a way to embed such information to the dlls that are produced by
the aspnet_compliler.exe in .NET 2.0?

I was able to do that for the App_Code.dll by adding an AssemblyInfo.cs.
However, the same approach
does not work for the App_GlobalResources.dll, App_global.asax.dll,
App_Web_w7kks0or.dll and the recource dlls
App_GlobalResources.resources.dll.

Thanks in advance,
Greg.

Scott Allen

Hi all,

Currently, to be able to certify our product all dlls must have version
numbers and product/company information.
Is there a way to embed such information to the dlls that are produced by
the aspnet_compliler.exe in .NET 2.0?

The best approach would be to use a web deployment project to merge
the assemblies into one. The AssemblyVersionAttribute will be copied
over.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/reference/infrastructure/wdp/default.aspx

Was your requirement true for a 1.1 app also? Even in 1.1, the dynamic
compilation of .aspx files resulted in un-versioned files in a temp
directory.