Specifying a control as a tag property

Helen

I have created two web controls and I need them to be able to
reference each other so they can work together. At the moment, I'm
hooking them up manually in the code behind file, but I'd really like
to be able to do it in the tag using tag properties in the same way
that you can specify a control that you want a validator component to
validate.

Can anyone point me in the direction of information on doing this?
I've searched google, the MSDN, usenet and my big book on creating ASP
components but haven't been able to find all the pieces I need as of
yet.

Thanks :)

Helen

Helen

I have created two web controls and I need them to be able to
reference each other so they can work together. At the moment, I'm
hooking them up manually in the code behind file, but I'd really like
to be able to do it in the tag using tag properties in the same way
that you can specify a control that you want a validator component to
validate.

What I ended up doing was passing the ID of the control in as a string
and then using the web control's parent object to get a reference to
the control. Seems to work quite well.

Helen