Specifying background color for table caption

Fernie

I've specified a caption for my table (<CAPTION><B>Edit
Product</B></CAPTION>) and I'd like to know if it is possible to set the
caption's background color. Is it possible?

Here is the link to the form:
http://66.235.178.180/

I wasn't able to find any applicable properties on my html editor.

Please advise,

Fernie

Fernie

Neal said:
Fernie

Use CSS.

Neal, I have a horrible artistic eye therefore, I keep away from doing
anything worth looking at. But I am curious to know if getting up and
running with CSS takes a long time. In other words, about how long will it
take for an average person to develop fairly basic 'usable' skills with css?

Best Regards,

Fernie

Toby Inkster

Fernie said:
Neal, I have a horrible artistic eye therefore, I keep away from doing
anything worth looking at. But I am curious to know if getting up and
running with CSS takes a long time.

Well, here is the code for what you described. Does it look hard?

caption {
color: yellow;
background: green;
}

Put that between your <head> and </head> tags.

Adrienne Boswell

Neal, I have a horrible artistic eye therefore, I keep away from doing
anything worth looking at. But I am curious to know if getting up and
running with CSS takes a long time. In other words, about how long
will it take for an average person to develop fairly basic 'usable'
skills with css?

Best Regards,

Fernie

Not long, considering the time that CSS will save you. For example:
decide you want to have a different background color, perhaps silver.

With CSS it's
body {background-color:silver;} - one time in an external style sheet for
the entire site! Jumpin' Jehosephat, no presentational markup is the way
to go!

Jukka K. Korpela

Fernie said:
But I am curious to know if getting up and
running with CSS takes a long time. In other words, about how long
will it take for an average person to develop fairly basic 'usable'
skills with css?

It depends on what you aim at. Setting colors and backgrounds is usually
fairly simple. For example, put something like following into the <head>
part of your document:

caption { background: #d8d8d8; color: black; }