Specifying background color for table caption

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Fernie, Dec 3, 2004.

  1. Fernie

    Fernie Guest

    I've specified a caption for my table (<CAPTION><B>Edit
    Product</B></CAPTION>) and I'd like to know if it is possible to set the
    caption's background color. Is it possible?

    Here is the link to the form:
    http://66.235.178.180/

    I wasn't able to find any applicable properties on my html editor.

    Please advise,

    Fernie

    --

    ELKNews FREE Edition - Empower your News Reader! http://www.atozedsoftware.com

    Fernie, Dec 3, 2004

  2. Fernie

    Neal Guest

    Fernie
    > caption's background color.

    Use CSS.

    Neal, Dec 3, 2004

  3. Fernie

    Fernie Guest

    "Neal" <> wrote in message
    > Fernie
    >> caption's background color.

    > Use CSS.

    Neal, I have a horrible artistic eye therefore, I keep away from doing
    anything worth looking at. But I am curious to know if getting up and
    running with CSS takes a long time. In other words, about how long will it
    take for an average person to develop fairly basic 'usable' skills with css?

    Best Regards,

    Fernie

    --

    ELKNews FREE Edition - Empower your News Reader! http://www.atozedsoftware.com

    Fernie, Dec 3, 2004
  4. Fernie

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Fernie wrote:

    > Neal, I have a horrible artistic eye therefore, I keep away from doing
    > anything worth looking at. But I am curious to know if getting up and
    > running with CSS takes a long time.

    Well, here is the code for what you described. Does it look hard?

    caption {
    color: yellow;
    background: green;
    }

    Put that between your <head> and </head> tags.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Dec 3, 2004
  5. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Fernie"
    <Fernie@not_thisDocSignings.net> writing in

    > "Neal" <> wrote in message
    >> Fernie
    >>> caption's background color.

    >> Use CSS.

    > Neal, I have a horrible artistic eye therefore, I keep away from doing
    > anything worth looking at. But I am curious to know if getting up and
    > running with CSS takes a long time. In other words, about how long
    > will it take for an average person to develop fairly basic 'usable'
    > skills with css?
    >
    > Best Regards,
    >
    > Fernie

    Not long, considering the time that CSS will save you. For example:
    decide you want to have a different background color, perhaps silver.

    With CSS it's
    body {background-color:silver;} - one time in an external style sheet for
    the entire site! Jumpin' Jehosephat, no presentational markup is the way
    to go!

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    Please respond to the Group so others can share

    Adrienne Boswell, Dec 3, 2004
  6. "Fernie" <Fernie@not_thisDocSignings.net> wrote:

    > But I am curious to know if getting up and
    > running with CSS takes a long time. In other words, about how long
    > will it take for an average person to develop fairly basic 'usable'
    > skills with css?

    It depends on what you aim at. Setting colors and backgrounds is usually
    fairly simple. For example, put something like following into the <head>
    part of your document:

    caption { background: #d8d8d8; color: black; }

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Dec 3, 2004