Specifying base class order with multiple inheritance?

alan

Hello all, I'd like to know if there was some way I could assure the
order of base classes.

To be specific, I have a basemost class Generic:

class Generic{
private:
Generic* to_ptr;
public:
virtual size_t get_size() const =0;
virtual Generic* clone(Semispace&) const =0;
// gets bits of the class that refer to other
// Generic objects.
virtual void get_refs(std::stack<Generic**>&){/*default no