Specifying exact font point size

bob

<FONT FACE="Times New Roman" SIZE="1">

Considering the above information, how does one convert "size 1" into say an
exact point size such as 4 or 6 point text?
I'm playing around with duplicating a check in html format just for kicks.

You know those super itty bitty numbers nobody knows why they are there
thing?
I know it can be done. Just need to know how.

They look like 1234-5678 between your name and the check
number.

rf

bob said:
<FONT FACE="Times New Roman" SIZE="1">

Considering the above information, how does one convert "size 1" into say an
exact point size such as 4 or 6 point text?
I'm playing around with duplicating a check in html format just for kicks.

You know those super itty bitty numbers nobody knows why they are there
thing?

They are not on mine. Then again my cheques are spelt differently.
I know it can be done. Just need to know how.

They look like 1234-5678 between your name and the check
number.
-------------
99999

This is for my personal use and education, not a website.

If this is for your own personal education then you should not be using a
deprecated font element, you should be using CSS where you can specify font
size in points.

Cheers
Richard.

bob

rf said:
say

They are not on mine. Then again my cheques are spelt differently.

If this is for your own personal education then you should not be using a
deprecated font element, you should be using CSS where you can specify font
size in points.

Cheers
Richard.

Thanks. Got it figured out already and works just fine.

Jukka K. Korpela

bob said:
<FONT FACE="Times New Roman" SIZE="1">

Using <font ... size="1"> is, according to recent news, reserved for use
by &Deity; in &damnation;, or maybe &purgatory;, for torturing lawyers
who have spent their life writing texts that nobody can read. The lawyers
will be forced to read aloud libraries of text in <font ... size="1">
_after_ a browser has been configured so that default text size is just
comfortable to read. The common way of saying this that size="1" is
"only for legalese".
Considering the above information, how does one convert "size 1" into
say an exact point size such as 4 or 6 point text?

You don't. The browser does, according to its own methods.
I'm playing around with duplicating a check in html format just for
kicks.

It's much easier to scan it.

nice.guy.nige

It's much easier to scan it.

And might I add, to the OP, don't forget to sign it before you scan it...
and just leave the rest of it blank. Then let us know the URL. Should help
to sort out the alt.html expenses for this month! ;-)

Cheers,
Nige

--
Nigel Moss.

Email address is not valid. (e-mail address removed). Take the dog out!