Specifying 'Expires' header for JS file

VP

I would like to specify 'Expires' header for a js file. Can you please let
me know where & how to specify that.

Thanks.

Bruce Barker

to control .js (or any file) headers in .net, just changing the mapping in
iis to map *.js to the asp.net, then you can just add server code to set the
expires header to what you want.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Joerg Jooss

VP said:
I would like to specify 'Expires' header for a js file. Can you
please let me know where & how to specify that.

Thanks.

You can do this using the IIS admin plugin in MMC. I can't provide you
the exact button names to click since I'm running a German WinXP, but
it should work like this:

1. Put your JS file(s) in a separate subfolder within your web
application

2. In the treeview in the IIS MMC plugin, choose Properties from this
subdirectory's context menu

3. Select the HTTP headers tab

4. Under "User-defined headers", add Cache-Control: no-cache or
whatever caching header you like to use

Cheers,