    vim -c ":%s%s*%Cyrnfr)fcbafbe[Oenz(Zbbyranne%|:%s)[[()])-)Ig|norm Vg?"
    http://www.rayninfo.co.uk/tips/ vim, zsh & success tips

    , Jun 15, 2005

  2. Dave Guest

    wrote:

    > I have both cygwin perl & activestate Perl on my PC
    >
    > Is there any easy way to tell pp.bat to use activestate Perl rather
    > than my default cygwin Perl.

    Sure. You should see the following (or something very similar) at the
    very top of "pp.bat":

    @rem = '--*-Perl-*--
    @echo off
    if "%OS%" == "Windows_NT" goto WinNT
    perl -x -S "%0" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
    goto endofperl
    :WinNT
    perl -x -S %0 %*

    Change the appropriate line from "perl -x ..." to "C:/perl/bin/perl -x
    ...." (or to wherever your desired perl interpreter resides).

    Note that technically this is not a Perl issue.

    Dave

    Dave, Jun 16, 2005

    Dave2Dave

    I've tried that somehow it still insists on picking up my cygwin
    version

    Dave wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    > > I have both cygwin perl & activestate Perl on my PC
    > >
    > > Is there any easy way to tell pp.bat to use activestate Perl rather
    > > than my default cygwin Perl.

    > Sure. You should see the following (or something very similar) at the
    > very top of "pp.bat":
    >
    > @rem = '--*-Perl-*--
    > @echo off
    > if "%OS%" == "Windows_NT" goto WinNT
    > perl -x -S "%0" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
    > goto endofperl
    > :WinNT
    > perl -x -S %0 %*
    >
    > Change the appropriate line from "perl -x ..." to "C:/perl/bin/perl -x
    > ..." (or to wherever your desired perl interpreter resides).
    >
    > Note that technically this is not a Perl issue.
    >
    > Dave

    , Jun 16, 2005
  4. wrote in

    [ Please do not top post ]

    > Dave wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> > I have both cygwin perl & activestate Perl on my PC
    >> >
    >> > Is there any easy way to tell pp.bat to use activestate Perl rather
    >> > than my default cygwin Perl.

    >> Sure. You should see the following (or something very similar) at
    >> the very top of "pp.bat":

    >> Change the appropriate line from "perl -x ..." to "C:/perl/bin/perl
    >> -x ..." (or to wherever your desired perl interpreter resides).

    > I've tried that somehow it still insists on picking up my cygwin
    > version

    Well, which shell are you using (cmd.exe or Cygwin bash). In either
    case, are you invoking pp.bat as 'pp.bat' or just 'pp'? After making the
    suggested change, try invoking it as 'pp.bat' on the command line.

    Sinan
    --
    A. Sinan Unur <>

    A. Sinan Unur, Jun 16, 2005
  5. Dave Guest

    wrote:

    > Dave2Dave
    >
    > I've tried that somehow it still insists on picking up my cygwin
    > version

    I think Sinan has figured out your problem (see his post). Look for a
    file named "pp" (without the ".bat" extension) in the same directory,
    and either delete it or change the first line (#!...) to point to your
    target perl.

    Dave

    Dave, Jun 18, 2005