Specifying which Perl with pp.bat

david

Hi,
I have both cygwin perl & activestate Perl on my PC

Is there any easy way to tell pp.bat to use activestate Perl rather
than my default cygwin Perl.

(at present I have to open a Dos Window and CD to the correct
directory)

Dave

I have both cygwin perl & activestate Perl on my PC

Is there any easy way to tell pp.bat to use activestate Perl rather
than my default cygwin Perl.

Sure. You should see the following (or something very similar) at the
very top of "pp.bat":

@rem = '--*-Perl-*--
@echo off
if "%OS%" == "Windows_NT" goto WinNT
perl -x -S "%0" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
goto endofperl
:WinNT
perl -x -S %0 %*

Change the appropriate line from "perl -x ..." to "C:/perl/bin/perl -x
...." (or to wherever your desired perl interpreter resides).

Note that technically this is not a Perl issue.

Dave

A. Sinan Unur

(e-mail address removed) wrote in

[ Please do not top post ]

I've tried that somehow it still insists on picking up my cygwin
version

Well, which shell are you using (cmd.exe or Cygwin bash). In either
case, are you invoking pp.bat as 'pp.bat' or just 'pp'? After making the
suggested change, try invoking it as 'pp.bat' on the command line.

Sinan

Dave

Dave2Dave

I've tried that somehow it still insists on picking up my cygwin
version

I think Sinan has figured out your problem (see his post). Look for a
file named "pp" (without the ".bat" extension) in the same directory,
and either delete it or change the first line (#!...) to point to your
target perl.

Dave