speech recognition

rainny

Hi, I already download free TTS. Inside it, have one folder name is
javadocs. Is it I need to copy the folder inside the C:\program files
\java\javadk1.6\javax folder?

This is because when I try to compile the speech program, and it say
that the javax.speech package does not exist.
So, can anyone please tell me that copy the speech folder inside which
folder? Is it the javadocs folder inside the free TTS is the
javax.speech package.

hope that my question does not confuse you all.

Thanks for kindly helping from everyone.

GArlington

Hi, I already download free TTS. Inside it, have one folder name is
javadocs. Is it I need to copy the folder inside the C:\program files
\java\javadk1.6\javax folder?

This is because when I try to compile the speech program, and it say
that the javax.speech package does not exist.
So, can anyone please tell me that copy the speech folder inside which
folder? Is it the javadocs folder inside the free TTS is the
javax.speech package.

hope that my question does not confuse you all.

Thanks for kindly helping from everyone.

PLEASE read the docs BEFORE asking questions. Javadocs dir/folder
contains Java doc(umentation)s for the package, quite often it will
contain some info about how to use the package too...

Roland de Ruiter

Hi, I already download free TTS. Inside it, have one folder name is
javadocs. Is it I need to copy the folder inside the C:\program files
\java\javadk1.6\javax folder?

This is because when I try to compile the speech program, and it say
that the javax.speech package does not exist.
So, can anyone please tell me that copy the speech folder inside which
folder? Is it the javadocs folder inside the free TTS is the
javax.speech package.

hope that my question does not confuse you all.

Thanks for kindly helping from everyone.

You probably haven't extracted Sun's jsapi.jar (it contains the
javax.speech.* classes). In the lib directory there's probably a
jsapi.exe (and jsapi.sh). You need to run this file (and accept the
license) to obtain the jsapi.jar.

See <http://freetts.sourceforge.net/docs/jsapi_setup.html>

And for compilation you need both jsapi.jar and the freetts.jar on the
classpath (and for execution too).

rainny

May I ask that the JSAPI.exe is it extracted at the lib folder under
the C:\program files\java\?
I already extract the JSAPI, but when compile the program, it still
say that the package javax.speech does not exist?

I need to set any classpath for running the speech recognition
program?

Thanks you.

Regards
Rainny