    javax.speech package.

    hope that my question does not confuse you all.

    Thanks for kindly helping from everyone.

    rainny, Jul 10, 2008

  2. rainny

    GArlington Guest

    On Jul 10, 8:49 am, rainny <> wrote:
    > Hi, I already download free TTS. Inside it, have one folder name is
    > javadocs. Is it I need to copy the folder inside the C:\program files
    > \java\javadk1.6\javax folder?
    >
    > This is because when I try to compile the speech program, and it say
    > that the javax.speech package does not exist.
    > So, can anyone please tell me that copy the speech folder inside which
    > folder? Is it the javadocs folder inside the free TTS is the
    > javax.speech package.
    >
    > hope that my question does not confuse you all.
    >
    > Thanks for kindly helping from everyone.

    PLEASE read the docs BEFORE asking questions. Javadocs dir/folder
    contains Java doc(umentation)s for the package, quite often it will
    contain some info about how to use the package too...

    GArlington, Jul 10, 2008

  3. On 10-7-2008 9:49, rainny wrote:
    > Hi, I already download free TTS. Inside it, have one folder name is
    > javadocs. Is it I need to copy the folder inside the C:\program files
    > \java\javadk1.6\javax folder?
    >
    > This is because when I try to compile the speech program, and it say
    > that the javax.speech package does not exist.
    > So, can anyone please tell me that copy the speech folder inside which
    > folder? Is it the javadocs folder inside the free TTS is the
    > javax.speech package.
    >
    > hope that my question does not confuse you all.
    >
    > Thanks for kindly helping from everyone.

    You probably haven't extracted Sun's jsapi.jar (it contains the
    javax.speech.* classes). In the lib directory there's probably a
    jsapi.exe (and jsapi.sh). You need to run this file (and accept the
    license) to obtain the jsapi.jar.

    See <http://freetts.sourceforge.net/docs/jsapi_setup.html>

    And for compilation you need both jsapi.jar and the freetts.jar on the
    classpath (and for execution too).
    --
    Regards,

    Roland

    Roland de Ruiter, Jul 10, 2008
  4. rainny

    rainny Guest

    May I ask that the JSAPI.exe is it extracted at the lib folder under
    the C:\program files\java\?
    I already extract the JSAPI, but when compile the program, it still
    say that the package javax.speech does not exist?

    I need to set any classpath for running the speech recognition
    program?

    Thanks you.

    Regards
    Rainny