Speech synthesis software with program interface?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by LurfysMa, Aug 22, 2006.

  1. LurfysMa

    LurfysMa Guest

    I am developing some educational software. One of the applications
    tests users on spelling. The program currently uses recorded sound
    clips saying the word and asks the user to type it in.

    For the word "capital", for example, the human would record something
    like, "Capital. What is the capital of North Dakota? Capital." The
    user would then be asked to type "capital" and not "capitol".

    I would like to look into storing that text in the database and having
    a speech synthesis program "speak" it to the user. It would be a nice
    feature if the user could select from several voices (at least be able
    to choose from male or female).

    I've done a little research and there seems to be a few candidates.

    Has anyone done anything like this and/or can anyone recommend a
    product that will do the job. Cost is not really factor.

    Thanks for any help.

    LurfysMa, Aug 22, 2006

  2. I'd suggest you look into Microsoft Speech Server along with it's associated
    SDK:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...95-7A23-46A0-BBBC-06EF009C053A&displaylang=en

    --
    I hope this helps,