Speed Problem on different databases using ASP.NET

Viktor Elvar

Hi there I have a strange problem. I developing an application on my server
SQL Server 2000 which is running on a 1 Gb memory and 2 GHz W2000 advanched
server. The app. it self is running on my local computer 400 Mhz 256 Mb
memory and it running wery vell. But when I put the application up on a
different environment the SQL Server runs on a 1700 Mhz Computer with 1 Gb
in memory and the app. is 1500 Mhz 1 Gb memory. There I have a strange
speed problem. The database are the same, I took the databasefile and
appended it on the new environment so it should be the same, but it is much
slower and even gets timeout's. Does anyone have had similair problems or
does anyone have any solution to this? Any configs on the new environment
SQL server or the application server? I know this is not wery good
information, but it is the only thig I can provide!!

With best regads VEV

Angus Logan

Hi Viktor,
Have a look at the SQL built in tools for Performance tuning the new
database and that could help out.

Also make sure the SQL Server is setup correctly ie. correct memory &
cpu allocations.

If all else failes, run it on another server, if the performance is
good, reinstall the 'new environment OS & SQL Server'.

Cheers,
Angus, MCDBA

Viktor Elvar

It should have the same indexes I tok the database and appended it. Does
the indexes not come with if you take the databasefile?? I also ran the
index tuning wizard on the new database so the indexes should be ok, or
shouldn´t they? I´m not a database expert as you can see!!

with regards VEV