    SQL server or the application server? I know this is not wery good
    information, but it is the only thig I can provide!!

    With best regads VEV
    Viktor Elvar, Jul 7, 2003

  2. Viktor Elvar

    Angus Logan Guest

    Hi Viktor,
    Have a look at the SQL built in tools for Performance tuning the new
    database and that could help out.

    Also make sure the SQL Server is setup correctly ie. correct memory &
    cpu allocations.

    If all else failes, run it on another server, if the performance is
    good, reinstall the 'new environment OS & SQL Server'.

    Cheers,
    Angus, MCDBA

    "Viktor Elvar" <> wrote in message
    > Hi there I have a strange problem. I developing an application on my

    server
    > SQL Server 2000 which is running on a 1 Gb memory and 2 GHz W2000

    advanched
    > server. The app. it self is running on my local computer 400 Mhz 256 Mb
    > memory and it running wery vell. But when I put the application up on a
    > different environment the SQL Server runs on a 1700 Mhz Computer with 1

    Gb
    > in memory and the app. is 1500 Mhz 1 Gb memory. There I have a strange
    > speed problem. The database are the same, I took the databasefile and
    > appended it on the new environment so it should be the same, but it is

    much

    Angus Logan, Jul 7, 2003

  3. Viktor Elvar

    Viktor Elvar Guest

    It should have the same indexes I tok the database and appended it. Does
    the indexes not come with if you take the databasefile?? I also ran the
    index tuning wizard on the new database so the indexes should be ok, or
    shouldn´t they? I´m not a database expert as you can see!!

    with regards VEV

    Viktor Elvar, Jul 7, 2003