    is a tad slow compared to others but I want to see if some tests exist
    to prove this.

    Vivek

    Vivek, Aug 18, 2008

  2. Vivek wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > Are there any published tests for the speed of various ruby
    > interpreters available and also how it compares with other languages
    > like python,java,perl etc.I do hear concerns about the fact that ruby
    > is a tad slow compared to others but I want to see if some tests exist
    > to prove this.
    >
    > Vivek

    Shootout is an interesting benchmark. Not sure how relevant it is though.

    http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/

    --
    Michael Morin
    Guide to Ruby

    Michael Morin, Aug 18, 2008

    https://rubyforge.org/docman/view.php/977/2705/Slides.pdf

    --
    M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
    ruby-perspectives.blogspot.com

    "A mathematician is a machine for turning coffee into theorems." --
    Alfréd Rényi via Paul Erdős

    M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, Aug 18, 2008